Nintendo 64 Emulator Comes to Android Market

Its TwiX

Reaction score
Questions:

Does your phone have to be rooted for this to work?

Does it come with any games or do you need to get ROMS of the games from somewhere?

Can it only be controlled using buttons on your phone or a wiimote or can you use the touch screen at all (to move around)

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Here is the engadget article on it http://m.engadget.com/default/artic...devices/&category=classic&icid=eng_latest_art

Its on my nook currently not my droid and I don't have it with me right now but can check on things in a bit. I think u can use Wii mote and droid Keyboard. I don't believe u have to b rooted. It doesn't have games. We can't discuss games here unfortunately I believe it is against forum rules.

I am not sure of the capabilities of it on Droid cuz my nook has more ram. Also if ones droid is not rooted the processor is pretty slow. So someone will have to confirm if it works on an unrooted Droid.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Its TwiX

Reaction score
Aww the wii remote app doesn't work with most phones with HTC Sense. So much for doing this with my Thunderbolt when I get it :(

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Another note on screen keys can be tricky with 007 and other trigger games. I don't see net play. Mario kart runs good as long as u use dpad instead of joystick.

sent from my rooted nook color

beneharris

Reaction score
Another note on screen keys can be tricky with 007 and other trigger games. I don't see net play. Mario kart runs good as long as u use dpad instead of joystick.

yeah 007 is pretty hard. it doesn't like the multi-touch.

still good fun though :icon_ banana:

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Yeah i too run into trouble when trying to joystick while using multiple buttons....

Aim+fire+joystick while strafing in PD/007 does NOT happen. I dont know if this is a problem within the emu itself or droid hardware/softare limitations, but...

After a year of development and the $6 price tag I was expecting more. This emulator needs quick support from yongzh or else it is going to be an expensive half baked novelty in my eyes...

The more he fixes/enables/makes compatible the faster word will spread, and the more $ rakes in. Legend of Zelda is near flawless, yet I cant run super smash or starfox. Mario 64 and banjo are good if not clumsy...the update to fix overspeeding made things actually lag lol...I am just full of negatives yaddayaddayadda....

sunpoisoned

Reaction score
What are the odds of someone coming up with a bluetooth controller made for android devices? It seems like it wouldnt be that hard. They could put a mounting dock on the top? I dont know anything about development of things like this but it seems like it wouldnt be that hard?

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
What are the odds of someone coming up with a bluetooth controller made for android devices? It seems like it wouldnt be that hard. They could put a mounting dock on the top? I dont know anything about development of things like this but it seems like it wouldnt be that hard?

I think game gripper is in development for one of these. They also have a physical one out that slides over keyboard.

sunpoisoned

Reaction score

I think game gripper is in development for one of these. They also have a physical one out that slides over keyboard.

Wow, this has come a long way. I remember when I saw I the first model of this awhile back and it was basically just an NES controller. Thats pretty nice.

Rocky_Droid

Reaction score
That game gripper looks great actually. To bad my Droid 1 may not be able to run n64 to well.

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
Did anyone try to run paper mario? I tried to run about 4 games and the only one that worked was Super Mario 64.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I got mario, mario kart and turok running good so far on nook color. Zelda and 007 did not.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

drpaul07

Reaction score
So anyone try running this on a Droid 1? How are the games running? I'm guessing probably not too great? I have psx4droid but i don't even try playing it anymore cuz most of the games just didn't run good enough, and that would be OC'ed to 1.1GHz.