[Deal Alert] Verizon LG G2 is Now FREE with a New Contract Until November 11th

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Has anyone tried that code on a full retail purchase yet?

I just tried to do a mock purchase and the code would not apply to full retail. You may be able to call and get them to let you have the deal.

devdeuce

Reaction score
I also did a mock purchase, but my option for data was 2gb for $60, I'm certainly not doing that considering I have unlimited data for $30. I guess I missed the chance to get on the maxx plan. Both at Verizon store and online they thought I was crazy and said that was only for edge. The guy at best buy did tell me he could get me on the maxx plan, can anyone confirm or contradict this claim?

there is no spoon

mykl376

Reaction score
How much is your new 6gb plan, $30? I could probably "get by" with 6gb. It's not the amount of data that bothers me as much as the price increase Verizon is pushing. When you've been paying $30 for data, whatever amount that data is, and they want to double that, well, I don't like it.

And I thought Verizon already throttled 3g data for unlimited users. I'm pretty sure I've noticed that occasionally, but never on 4g. So are they going to start throttling 4g as well?

The more I read about this, the more I think I'll just hold off for a while before getting anything new. My Bionic is still performing all the tasks I need, with some lag of course. If only I could double my RAM, I would be content for a while...

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
How much is your new 6gb plan, $30? I could probably "get by" with 6gb. It's not the amount of data that bothers me as much as the price increase Verizon is pushing. When you've been paying $30 for data, whatever amount that data is, and they want to double that, well, I don't like it.

And I thought Verizon already throttled 3g data for unlimited users. I'm pretty sure I've noticed that occasionally, but never on 4g. So are they going to start throttling 4g as well?

The more I read about this, the more I think I'll just hold off for a while before getting anything new. My Bionic is still performing all the tasks I need, with some lag of course. If only I could double my RAM, I would be content for a while...

The 6GB plan is $30 just like the unlimited. They are using it to try to get people off of unlimited by giving them 4GB of extra data for the same price.

devdeuce

Reaction score
The 6GB plan is $30 just like the unlimited. They are using it to try to get people off of unlimited by giving them 4GB of extra data for the same price.

Is there any way that you know of to get on the 6GB plan without the edge plan?

there is no spoon

GrumpyOldGeek

Reaction score

My 6gb plan isn't costing me anymore than what I pay now. Here's a "gotcha" though. What I understood him to say is, as long as I keep the LG G2 that I got it on, the plan doesn't change. However, I don't know if I will get the same deal on a
new phone, but I usually keep phones for at least 2 years and by then, who knows what plans they'll have. One thing for sure, there won't be any reasonably priced unlimited plans for the average customer.
If your Bionic is working, keep it. I had to surrender mine when I got the LG G2. I really wanted to keep it, but the screen was going bad.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Me too, at the Verizon store, but I also talked to a guy at best buy and he said they could do it now. Just wondering if anyone can confirm?

there is no spoon

I asked about the Edge plan in Best Buy mobile and they said it had to be done through VZW.

devdeuce

Reaction score
I asked about the Edge plan in Best Buy mobile and they said it had to be done through VZW.

Don't want the edge plan. I asked about just the max plan at best buy yesterday and he said they just started being able to do it, in fact while I was there, he had to go and let the other workers know about it. Just wondering if it was true. He seemed pretty knowledgeable.

there is no spoon

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Don't want the edge plan. I asked about just the max plan at best buy yesterday and he said they just started being able to do it, in fact while I was there, he had to go and let the other workers know about it. Just wondering if it was true. He seemed pretty knowledgeable.

there is no spoon

Ok I'll bite. What is the max plan? Haven't heard of that one.

Tap'd from my G2

devdeuce

Reaction score
Ok I'll bite. What is the max plan? Haven't heard of that one.

Tap'd from my G2

It's the 6GB/mo for $30. It was available for a limited time earlier only for those with unlimited data. At one point you could get it without joining the edge program, but I missed out. The guy at best buy sounded sure he could do it for me yesterday, but I was hoping someone could confirm. Seems unlikely if Verizon store can't do it.

there is no spoon

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
It's the 6GB/mo for $30. It was available for a limited time earlier only for those with unlimited data. At one point you could get it without joining the edge program, but I missed out. The guy at best buy sounded sure he could do it for me yesterday, but I was hoping someone could confirm. Seems unlikely if Verizon store can't do it.

there is no spoon

Oh I thought that was the Edge plan.