Big savings on the LG G2 - $49.99 On Contract - $449.99 Off Contract

turbodave

Reaction score
Everybody seems to really like the G2!!

Question is..... Would I be smart to upgrade from my RAZR MAXX HD ????

OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Everybody seems to really like the G2!!

Question is..... Would I be smart to upgrade from my RAZR MAXX HD ????

In a word yes. It replaced my Razr Maxx. I tried the Moto X first, then got the G2 and Droid Maxx to use head to head. G2 won. And I am a big Motorola fan.

Iggy08

Reaction score
I just got the Nexus 5 :-\ I don't wanna go back to Verizon, but I wouldn't mind getting this deal on T-Mobile

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
The only reason I didn't get the G2 is the third party case support for the Verizon version.
Third party companies don't support single carrier models of phones very well.
Got tired of no support with multiple Motorola Droid phones over the last few years.

Got a GS4 this time.

OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
The only reason I didn't get the G2 is the third party case support for the Verizon version.
Third party companies don't support single carrier models of phones very well.
Got tired of no support with multiple Motorola Droid phones over the last few years.

Got a GS4 this time.

To each their own but I gotta say passing on such a great phone because there isn't as many cases available is silly. There are plenty of great choices out there for the VZW version. Incipio, Otterbox, Trident, Diztronics, Tudia, Ballistic just to name a few.

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
Depends on what you want. Lack of support was the killer. I had struggled with no micro SD support but was willing to give that up. Then the Verizon version was different. At that point I was done. The GS4 has great hardware. The G2 is only an incremental bump.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

djspy

Reaction score
I'm loving this trend I'm with VZW dropping their full retail price to a more reasonable $400-$500 range. $700+ was a bit outrageous.

Big Ry

Reaction score
I'd also consider the Moto X, but honestly, the camera alone is enough for me to not want it. Moto really needs to get their act together and stop putting complete garbage into their devices

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

djspy

Reaction score
I read that the camara update they just pushed out fixed it considerably. They took the extra step of putting the camera in the play store so they can update it faster and not have to wait until a complete software update. I would personally love the Droid Maxx but it's incompatible with the Square Card reader and it doesn't look like they're in any hurry to fix that problem so the phone is worthless for me. Of the G2 is compatible with the Square Card reader I'm buying it.

OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Depends on what you want. Lack of support was the killer. I had struggled with no micro SD support but was willing to give that up. Then the Verizon version was different. At that point I was done. The GS4 has great hardware. The G2 is only an incremental bump.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Hey no worries. Tons of people love their S4. That is why Android is such a great platform. Lots of choices that fit different peoples wants and needs.

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
O money, why art thou not in my pocket?