Data Connection Problem

Wirantha

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung J7
I brought a samsung J7 a month ago with Lollipop 5.1.1
The problem i am having is my applications ( Viber, Whatsapp, Facebook ) are not always connect with Data connection. im only getting my notification when i open the related app. i check all the phone settings and they are 100% ok. But when i connect to WIFI all the apps are working as they usually be. pls help

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Hi Wiranrha! Welcome to DroidForums!

I believe I'm having the same problem or similar. It seems to happen frequently when I'm on data instead of WiFi. I'll open the Facebook app and it appears there is no new info. I'll attempt to refresh or I'll go to expand a post and I'll get an error that there is no internet/data connection, retry (even though websites, email, anything else seems to have no problem connecting to data). Because I only seem to have this problem with Facebook (I don't use viber or whatsapp), I believe it must be a problem with the Facebook app. To resolve the Facebook connectivity problem, I toggle airplane mode on, then off again. Once I do that, it connects.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

DPhoebe

Reaction score
Check Date / Time Settings, there can a minor glitch in your date and time settings causing the No Connection, go into Settings and under the System section, tap Date and Time and set it to the current date.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Also, make sure your Apps are up to date.

OP
W

Wirantha

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung J7
Thankyou very much for all who supported me. Accordibg to you guys i made settings manually & double check all the things but still having the same ****
I have the exact same problem like tismyroid does. It seems to be im having this problem with apps that need data connection. Im not getting any internet calls or notification unless i open them. Its really upset me since i brought my first ever phone