Solved {Weird issues} Cannot connect to PlayStore and Apps problems

JimJimbo

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5
Hi,

I have read some topic regarding this famous ''No connection'' with PlayStore. I am not even kidding.... I tried all the tips (including the factory data rest). NONE of them is working for me.

Here is the weird part, when I am connecting with another WiFi or with LTE connection, PlayStore works perfectly and the other apps are running just fine but not with my WiFi at home. With my WiFi at home, it connected to my Samsung S5. I can go on a browser perfectly (Google Chrome) with a perfect connection. However, when I used other Apps like Facebook, Instagram,etc. It runs extremely slow.
Now I am wondering what should I do to fix this abnormal issues.

PS: It's not only my phone but also my tablet.

Thanks you

Jimmy

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

Try powering down your router for a few minutes. After it has been back up and running for 5 minutes tap the connection on the phone and tell it to forget. restart the phone and connect up again.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Welcome to the forum!!

OP
J

JimJimbo

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5
Welcome to the forum

Try powering down your router for a few minutes. After it has been back up and running for 5 minutes tap the connection on the phone and tell it to forget. restart the phone and connect up again.
Hi, thanks for the welcome.
I tried your suggestion but it didn't work unfortunately.

OP
J

JimJimbo

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5
Welcome to the forum Jimmy!

S5 tap'n
Thanks! Interesting! But what do you mean by ''S5 tap'n'' I don't see the option on my phone.
Cheers

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
The Play Store being the "only": thing not working, even after a factory reset! Seems that for some reason your phone isn't getting properly registered with Google. Despite having done this at least once by resetting, remove the Google account, (it won't hurt a thing). Restart the phone then add the account back. Then use a browser to log into that account and see if Google recognizes that you have that device.

OP
J

JimJimbo

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5
The Play Store being the "only": thing not working, even after a factory reset! Seems that for some reason your phone isn't getting properly registered with Google. Despite having done this at least once by resetting, remove the Google account, (it won't hurt a thing). Restart the phone then add the account back. Then use a browser to log into that account and see if Google recognizes that you have that device.
Thanks for the tips but it won't work.
I finally fix my problem: The problem wasn't the my phone but it was my router. I reconfigured my router and everything works fine. Thanks for your help!
Cheers