1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Lose data connection when turning off wifi

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by zerodamage, Dec 12, 2012.

1. zerodamage

zerodamage New Member

I've noticed on my Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4.2.1 rooted that if I turn off Wifi my data connection seems to die. There is no indication of this unless I open Facebook or something on my phone and it says no data connection. I will then test my gmail or Twitter and I get the same response.This happens quite often and I am not sure what is causing it. I normally have to go into the settings, disable the data connection then turn it back on again.

I noticed that it happened this morning because I had email in my Outlook at work but my phone showed none. So I opened up Facebook and it said no data connection. This is despite having a full signal and the little "H" signifying that I had HSPA data.

Anyone else seeing this problem and have any idea what may be the cause?
Search tags for this page
android 4.2.1 losing data connection

android after turning wifi on i lose connectivity

android looses data connection switching to wifi

android loses data connection after switch to wifi

android turn off wifi lose data

droid data turns off when you turn off wifi

galaxy nexus loses data connection after wifi turn off
lose data connection android wifi
loses data connection after wifi
loss data connection after disabling wifi
no data connection after turning off wifi on droid bionic
what causes my mobile hotspot to loose data connection?
when i turn off wifi data is not turning on android