Darn SWYPE

gauge

Reaction score
Ok for some reason when I use swype it starts out with a space. Any one else having that problem?

Anonymouse

Reaction score
Just go to the website droidmuff.in, it's the easiest way to find the apk. And what do you mean it starts with a space?

alm0614

Reaction score
how can you just type a single letter like a or i with swype?

when i press a it comes up with a suggestion of my friends name Alan

Diordna

Reaction score
Just downloaded it. This is my first time using it. So far only two mistakes.. This is straight up, eight shades of awesome. I'm so throughly impressed. Two typos this entire post and it's my first use of Swype!
Make sure you have unlimited texting now. Your going to get way addicted to it like I am.:)

I'm going to get SWYPE and text a lot more than I do already but I'm only going to pay for 450 texts a month but the only person I really text constantly is my girlfriend and thank GOD she has a Verizon plan and Verizons unlimited mobile to mobile!

Gunghoray

Reaction score
SWYPE starts every word except the first word with a space. That way you don't have to space bar tap between every word.

This may or may not be your issue, but hope it helps.

cuskit

Reaction score
Just downloaded it. This is my first time using it. So far only two mistakes.. This is straight up, eight shades of awesome. I'm so throughly impressed. Two typos this entire post and it's my first use of Swype!
Make sure you have unlimited texting now. Your going to get way addicted to it like I am.:)

I'm going to get SWYPE and text a lot more than I do already but I'm only going to pay for 450 texts a month but the only person I really text constantly is my girlfriend and thank GOD she has a Verizon plan and Verizons unlimited mobile to mobile!
Correct me if I'm wrong - but only voice minutes are unlimited. If I understand my contract correctly - text messages are NOT unlimited without a monthly "unlimited" plan.

Yes/no????

cuskit

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Correct me if I'm wrong - but only voice minutes are unlimited. If I understand my contract correctly - text messages are NOT unlimited without a monthly "unlimited" plan.

Yes/no????

cuskit
In-Network Texts (VZW to VZW) are unlimited. The 250 or 450 (or whatever package you purchase) text package applies to text sent to other carriers.

Gunghoray

Reaction score
Cisco0910, I'm so glad for you. 8000 a month is doable, but still a lot of face time on your phone.

Glad it's not a quarter million. You'd need therapy for that.

cuskit

Reaction score

Yes/no????

cuskit
In-Network Texts (VZW to VZW) are unlimited. The 250 or 450 (or whatever package you purchase) text package applies to text sent to other carriers.
Thanks for clarifying that! :)

Nice to know - I've got the 250 plan and have been very careful not to exceed - I did not know of the "in". Watch out now! ;) Gotta get swype though!

cuskit

gauge

Reaction score
what I mean its that if the line starts hear ---->l my word starts one spot after that. hope that makes since.

cuskit

Reaction score
Okay - just downloaded swype! Kinda cool. Few misspells, but I believe by tomorrow I'll be much more adept than regular typing!

One question - what to do with double letters - for instance "recommend"? I see it brings up the correct word in the choice table, but seems to me there might be some other way? Slide away from the letter and back again? Tough. That didn't work. Sigh.

Meanwhile - I love it! Miss the tactile feel/sound of the android keyboard though.

cuskit

wil318466

Reaction score
Okay - just downloaded swype! Kinda cool. Few misspells, but I believe by tomorrow I'll be much more adept than regular typing!

One question - what to do with double letters - for instance "recommend"? I see it brings up the correct word in the choice table, but seems to me there might be some other way? Slide away from the letter and back again? Tough. That didn't work. Sigh.

Meanwhile - I love it! Miss the tactile feel/sound of the android keyboard though.

cuskit

To do double letters, make a small circular motion over the letter that needs to be doubled. So, if you typed "tools" goto T, then to the O key, and make a circular motion over that letter, then continue like normal.

And, I miss haptic feedback too. :)

-Wil