Darn SWYPE

Anomander

Reaction score
On a whim I decided to check my text message limit on my verizon account. Neither my wife or I are on the unlimited plan for texting when we got our Droids. After installing SWYPE I knew my texts would be going up. Well it went up in a big way. I did not go over my limit, but I was 15 texts away and 12 days left on my billing cycle! Needless to say we now have unlimited texting.:) SWYPE for me has made texting a lot more convenient for me. I have yet to install it for her, and will probably do so in the near future though she did not seem all that impressed when I showed her with my Droid.

Upgrading from an LG chocolate to the Droid have radically changed on what we do with the phones. Texting is a huge factor now especially with SWYPE. I sure hope SWYPE will stick around after the trial, because I am addicted to it.

brendanstl

Reaction score
Swype frign rocks!!!! i was trying to be careful and make sure I hit all the right keys when I first installed it and then found out that you dont really need to be specific and it has become too easy.

Gunghoray

Reaction score
Welcome to the Swype Addiction Hotline. There are two lengthy SWYPE threads in this forum. Check them out and enjoy the discussion.

Prof Ray
Recovering Storm Abuser

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have yet to install it for her, and will probably do so in the near future though she did not seem all that impressed when I showed her with my Droid.
Neither did my fiancee when I showed it to her but now she raves about it.

cisco0910

Reaction score
i avg 8000 texts a day. ive gotten to the point where I can swype with my eyes closed after I just put my finger on the first letter lol

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
swype is awesome... dumped better keyboard for it :icon_ banana:

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just downloaded it. This is my first time using it. So far only two mistakes.. This is straight up, eight shades of awesome. I'm so throughly impressed. Two typos this entire post and it's my first use of Swype!

wil318466

Reaction score
Agreed. I wasn't much of a texter.. or a music downloader, either until I got this phone, then everything went up dramatically.

Its like crack.

-Wil.

Gunghoray

Reaction score
WOW cisco9010. Did I read that right? You average EIGHT THOUSAND texts a DAY. Man, what do you do other than text all day?

My students' record is 26,000 a MONTH. I've never met someone who does a quarter million text messages a month. How do you do it?

Silverwing

Reaction score
WOW cisco9010. Did I read that right? You average EIGHT THOUSAND texts a DAY. Man, what do you do other than text all day?

My students' record is 26,000 a MONTH. I've never met someone who does a quarter million text messages a month. How do you do it?

I think he was just joking.

OP
Anomander

Anomander

Reaction score
Just downloaded it. This is my first time using it. So far only two mistakes.. This is straight up, eight shades of awesome. I'm so throughly impressed. Two typos this entire post and it's my first use of Swype!
Make sure you have unlimited texting now. Your going to get way addicted to it like I am.:)

Gunghoray

Reaction score
I hope so. Doing the math, that's one text message every 10.8 seconds 24/7/365.

OK, so I guess he really was kidding.

Busted.

Gunghoray

Reaction score
You're going to have to really search the SWYPE threads. There are two or three links to it that have come up and down. It's NOT on the market. Read the threads and you'll understand.