Darn SWYPE

alm0614

Reaction score
Just downloaded it. This is my first time using it. So far only two mistakes.. This is straight up, eight shades of awesome. I'm so throughly impressed. Two typos this entire post and it's my first use of Swype!
Make sure you have unlimited texting now. Your going to get way addicted to it like I am.:)

I'm going to get SWYPE and text a lot more than I do already but I'm only going to pay for 450 texts a month but the only person I really text constantly is my girlfriend and thank GOD she has a Verizon plan and Verizons unlimited mobile to mobile!

unlimited mobile to mobile is for calls, not texts. your going to need unlimited

OP
Anomander

Anomander

Reaction score
Make sure you have unlimited texting now. Your going to get way addicted to it like I am.:)

I'm going to get SWYPE and text a lot more than I do already but I'm only going to pay for 450 texts a month but the only person I really text constantly is my girlfriend and thank GOD she has a Verizon plan and Verizons unlimited mobile to mobile!

unlimited mobile to mobile is for calls, not texts. your going to need unlimited
Sounds like they just need the $10 plan where they get 500 out of network texts per month and then unlimited In network texting/pics aka mobile to mobile.

I didn't realize it, but I get a discount through work, so I turned around and just added the unlimited texting bundle to our lines since it is only a few dollars more to my account then what I was paying before the discount. Now I have no need to monitor if I am going to go over my limit, which all indications were that I was going to do so pretty easily.

Phillipsave

Reaction score
Don't get too addicted to Swype. Another thread says that the download is time limited and then the program won't be available for individual purchase.

fishepa

Reaction score
Don't get too addicted to Swype. Another thread says that the download is time limited and then the program won't be available for individual purchase.

Umm...okay, that doesn't make much sense.

Reaction score
Okay, everyone is downloading swype? I'm definitely just learning this stuff but is it in the apps as I can't find it there. Also, I've searched on here and can't find anything, but I've lost the 'droid' sound when I power up my phone. Any way to get it back? Thanks in advance.

Phillipsave

Reaction score

Fishpea, the developer has indicated that the beta download of swype will be disabled in time, and that the company will then only license it on an OEM basis to providers, but not as an app for individuals to download. Please see the related thread on Swype that discusses this.

Groucho

Reaction score
Those who have questions about the mechanism of Swype (for example, how to do double letters) should run the tutorial under settings. It'll guide you through everything.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
its amazing how intuitive and smart it is. when i first installed it i went all slow and careful, but now i just haphazardly swype my words and it almost always picks up what i want it to say.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Fishpea, the developer has indicated that the beta download of swype will be disabled in time, and that the company will then only license it on an OEM basis to providers, but not as an app for individuals to download. Please see the related thread on Swype that discusses this.

If you've already downloaded it you'll still have a functioning Swype.... just the beta download won't be available anymore.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
I thought it was ok, but I happen to like the VKB that came with the Droid. Plus, if the VR tech in 2.1 works well, one won't even have to swype or type ... :)

Diordna

Reaction score

Nope, says texts too

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Nope, says texts too
Unlimited mobile to mobile does include texts :)

Diordna

Reaction score
absolutely correct!! thanks

haha awesome!! Anytime =]]

Hope the Droid is as addictive as everyone says it is!
Hope it lives up to this hype for me, I never owned a smartphone before so it's going to be better than anything I owned by a LOT lol

I don't have my droid yet either, but I found something to do to pass the time until I get it! I've been bookmarking apps on androlib, and playng with the droid emulator in the SDK. I recommend you do the same, it's teaching me a lot about the phone. Can't wait until tomorrow, that's when I'm getting it!

What's androlib and what's SDK? There is an emulator?