DarkSlide V4 - .340 ROM - Style, Quadrant, Linpack Champ

NattyBee

Reaction score
Updated to 4.1 from 3.3 . I am updated 2.2.1ota, install went fine but the multi-touch keyboard keeps forceclosing.... Any help would be great.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Did you wipe prior to install, as in the instructions, or do a direct install?

mr. vegas

Reaction score
I did a wipe data cache in rom manager, and it was force closing, the rebooted into clockmod and did a wipe factory data reset, it still force closes.

Laniadude

Reaction score
Ok..so far this app is awesome. I love the look and everything.... but one thing I have a problem with is trying to add my email to the my accounts... it keeps saying unable to connect to the server.. I've tried three email accounts but the only one that works is the gmail account... is there a setting that needs to be checked or something.....

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

esquire

Reaction score
My first ROM

Hi all, just rooted a few days ago decided to do DS4 as my first custom ROM. So far I like the look, but I lost Titanium Backup and Bootstrapper! re-downed from the market and it says its installed, but cant find the programs. still have the backups from both preograms from before the flash, but no way to use them. Anyone know where it put it?

esquire

Reaction score
well i figured something out. i re-RE downed the TB and BS and opened them from the notification bar. so now i have them, but TB is not seeing the previous backups. so if i flash back to stock ( assuming i can) maybe back up apps again, move both preograms to sd (im assuming they got deleted because they auto-install to phone storage, and try again. anyone else have advice?

NattyBee

Reaction score
well i figured something out. i re-RE downed the TB and BS and opened them from the notification bar. so now i have them, but TB is not seeing the previous backups. so if i flash back to stock ( assuming i can) maybe back up apps again, move both preograms to sd (im assuming they got deleted because they auto-install to phone storage, and try again. anyone else have advice?

hmm...when you installed DarkSlide, did you install via instructions in the OP?
"Bootstrap recovery
Mount System
Wipe data/factory reset" first prior to install...?

esquire

Reaction score
Oops reading your post I realize I didn't mount system! Did the wipe and installed. Think I should flash back and do it again? I thinhk I am probably out of luck on that one. But it seems recovery sees its previous backup of stock so I still have it. What do u think?

NattyBee

Reaction score
Oops reading your post I realize I didn't mount system! Did the wipe and installed. Think I should flash back and do it again? I think I am probably out of luck on that one. But it seems recovery sees its previous backup of stock so I still have it. What do u think?
well, first off, a question I didn't think to ask you before...what system version were you originally coming from when you rooted? did you take the recent 2.3.34 OTA (Android 2.2.1)...or were you on the 2.3.15 system (Android 2.2) still? the reason I ask is because you need to have been on AT LEAST system version 2.3.32 prior to installing DarkSlide V4...

if you were on 2.3.34, you could always try reinstalling it without wiping first...when did you download the rom, btw? they uploaded an updated version around 11:30 this morning, so if you downloaded before then, you may want to redownload and install the new one anyhow... I'd say, try that first, if it doesn't work, perhaps try starting from scratch, follow the instructions in the DarkSlide V4 OP (instructions listed below, LOL) and that should correct the issue...

"Bootstrap recovery
Mount System
Wipe data/factory reset
Install from zip
choose zip
choose DarkSlide
Install
Reboot
Enjoy"

OP
S

steven.rn

Reaction score
Ok..so far this app is awesome. I love the look and everything.... but one thing I have a problem with is trying to add my email to the my accounts... it keeps saying unable to connect to the server.. I've tried three email accounts but the only one that works is the gmail account... is there a setting that needs to be checked or something.....

Yesterday the dev was saying something about including corporate accounts... it would be a good idea to check out the thread on mydroidworld-

Also, I know folks like "blurless" but are you on the Blurred version or the non-blur version? I'd suggest downloading the blurred version (and it was updated on the 16th at 11:30 am) and give that a go-- it's just as fast and there isn't a bunch of junk all over your screens... you'd just notice some more apps in the app drawer; that MAY address your problem...

but the real authority on that is either bbcrackman or gates, they could answer your question pretty quick on the thread over at mydroidworld.com ... they are VERY responsive!

Cheers,

Steven.RN

Raziel36

Reaction score
aefd510b-84c9-2802.jpg
aefd510b-84dd-8880.jpg
aefd510b-84f6-a32a.jpg

Loving this ROM. 1800+ on Quadrant, consistently, and looks fabulous!

Raziel36

Reaction score
Spoke too soon... dialer will not open, immediately closes, without even a force close.. reverting back to Fission, unless a quick response comes, with a fix.

x450

Reaction score
Problems

I believe I have figured out why quadrant wouldn't continue past the Video decoding - H.264. None of my videos work on my phone on you tube app or anywhere else.

Unless someone has a fix I guess I'm going to have to change roms.

I like this rom but I have started to notice other issues like when I open a certain text message convo it will open a different one and if you don't notice this you send the wrong message which could be trouble lol. Also same problem with opening apps.

If anyone could shed some light on this I would appreciate it.
Thank you in advance.

snoop5

Reaction score
I believe I have figured out why quadrant wouldn't continue past the Video decoding - H.264. None of my videos work on my phone on you tube app or anywhere else.

Unless someone has a fix I guess I'm going to have to change roms.

I like this rom but I have started to notice other issues like when I open a certain text message convo it will open a different one and if you don't notice this you send the wrong message which could be trouble lol. Also same problem with opening apps.

If anyone could shed some light on this I would appreciate it.
Thank you in advance.
For quick response i would suggest that you go to mydroidworld and someone will usually get back with you fast, as quick as an dev in any forum and they will tell you the fix or if not they will make a fix for you. dancedroid

snoop5

Reaction score
Spoke too soon... dialer will not open, immediately closes, without even a force close.. reverting back to Fission, unless a quick response comes, with a fix.

For quick response i would suggest that you go to mydroidworld and someone will usually get back with you fast, as quick as an dev in any forum and they will tell you the fix or if not they will make a fix for you. dancedroid

NattyBee

Reaction score

When you installed...did you come from at least system version 2.3.32? Did you follow the instructions in the OP EXACTLY? PM me if you want, and I will do my best to get you in good working order...