DarkSlide V4 - .340 ROM - Style, Quadrant, Linpack Champ

OP
S

steven.rn

Reaction score
Gotcha. I had been running 4.0, and updated to 4.1 just this morning...these guys do excellent work, and they keep improving at an incredible pace... everytime you think it can't get any better-it does :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Ya know, JMT, I think I'ma try the Blurless 4.1- Since the blurry things like camera work the same, etc... the only thing I like is that news widget (the simple one that rotates the headlines, not the new blurry widget Moto did).

And, you're right... this just keeps getting better ;-) dancedroid
Very cool! I'm sure you'll enjoy it! :p blurless is my preference, but then again, I dob't use most of the extra blurry stuff...it's all according to one's taste ;)

From a speed viewpoint, I don't think it matters at all; the ROM is blazin' fast. I started to wonder, though, if a Blurry ROM (anyones) would use more battery, all in all... battery life is a bigger deal than a couple of funky widgets. DS has been great on battery, I'm just always looking to tweak that a little to the plus side where I can.

Cheers!

Steven.RN

NattyBee

Reaction score
From a speed viewpoint, I don't think it matters at all; the ROM is blazin' fast. I started to wonder, though, if a Blurry ROM (anyones) would use more battery, all in all... battery life is a bigger deal than a couple of funky widgets. DS has been great on battery, I'm just always looking to tweak that a little to the plus side where I can.

Cheers!

Steven.RN

Hmm, I really can't say accurately, as I haven't tried the blurry version, but I imagine it would make at least some difference, as the blurless has less crap running in the background... have you tried GB keyboard? The reason I ask is, it seems to have improved my battery life, and i'm curious to see if this is just in my head or if anyone else has noticed better battery life after installing it...

OP
S

steven.rn

Reaction score

Cheers!

Steven.RN

Hmm, I really can't say accurately, as I haven't tried the blurry version, but I imagine it would make at least some difference, as the blurless has less crap running in the background... have you tried GB keyboard? The reason I ask is, it seems to have improved my battery life, and i'm curious to see if this is just in my head or if anyone else has noticed better battery life after installing it...

I'm using the Gingerbread Keyboard, and I really like it- but wouldn't have a clue as to any battery implications. I've found so far, BTW, that the blurless Darkslide 4.1 is just peachy fine; I just put a shortcut to news headline app on my desktop and realize there's no need to have a widget syncing that all the time. It just syncs when I start it up so that's a better choice for me. Everything else, I wouldn't know if I was running blurred or blurless, all in all.

And, the speed seems the same, too- I run ULV at 1.1 gh and my quadrant is usually 1588, Linpack around 15.6.

Jaeger

Reaction score
Media streaming through bluetooth works. Ah hell, everything works. This is a great ROM. dancedroid

r1nstang

Reaction score
When I upgrade from my D1 to the droid X i'll be using this ROM/theme. looks amazing. did he happen to make any ROMS for the D1?

Drummer.graham

Reaction score
Question:
I am currently running darkslide v4. Do I update to 4.1 like it was a new rom. By going into bootstrap and clearing, loading. All that stuff?
This is my first rom ever, had the x since launch, finally rooted and installed darkslide a few days ago. Love it!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
S

steven.rn

Reaction score
Question:
I am currently running darkslide v4. Do I update to 4.1 like it was a new rom. By going into bootstrap and clearing, loading. All that stuff?
This is my first rom ever, had the x since launch, finally rooted and installed darkslide a few days ago. Love it!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

You don't have to wipe data and cache from 4 to 4.1 ... just install the 4.1 choosing it from the SD card and all is well.

I'm digging this ROM too... been totally happy with it and the Dev's support of it and it's users.

Steven.RN

OP
S

steven.rn

Reaction score
When I upgrade from my D1 to the droid X i'll be using this ROM/theme. looks amazing. did he happen to make any ROMS for the D1?

I don't think so. Now get your X already :icon_eek:

When I had my D1 I was hooked on Cyanogen's stuff.

NattyBee

Reaction score

I don't think so. Now get your X already :icon_eek:

When I had my D1 I was hooked on Cyanogen's stuff.
Yeah when I had my D1, I was loyal to ChevyNo1's Simply Stunning ;)

millbean

Reaction score
Just installed 4.1 With the clear sliders! Checked the about phone Info. Says im on .340? This possible without me sbf ing?

Last edited:

NattyBee

Reaction score
Just installed 4.1 With the clear sliders! Checked the about phone Info. Says im on .340? This possible without me sbf ing?

I'm guessing you were on 2.3.320 before installing DarkSlide V4.1? V4.1 is built on 2.3.340, and to save users the work of upgrading, it updates your system as part of it's install (as long as you were on 2.3.32 anyhow) ;) don’t worry, that is as it should be :)

millbean

Reaction score
I was running the leak of 320. Just making sure no sbf to 340 is needed now?

NattyBee

Reaction score
I was running the leak of 320. Just making sure no sbf to 340 is needed now?

You are correct- if you installed DarkSlide V4.1 you are now running system version 2.3.34...but it wouldn't hurt to keep a copy of the .sbf handy anyhow, just in case. In fact, I recommend keeping a copy of both the 2.3.32 full .sbf and the 2.3.34 system only .sbf...better safe than sorry. ;)

mr. vegas

Reaction score
Updated to 4.1 from 3.3 . I am updated 2.2.1ota, install went fine but the multi-touch keyboard keeps forceclosing.... Any help would be great.