DarkSlide V4 - .340 ROM - Style, Quadrant, Linpack Champ

thatisandwas

Reaction score
Im running the newest .340 build of Apex (1.3)....can i format date/cache and install this right over it?

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
The transitions are...well, stupid. Far too many of them. You have to wait to do stuff becuase of the stupid transition. Also, its just cluttered. I used it for a few minutes and restored my Rubix backup.

CD95YJ

Reaction score
@thatisandwas... yup sure can cuz I just did.

BTW this rom is kick a$$, I love it! Fast, icons, color, everything!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

CD95YJ

Reaction score
@johnomaz use the spare parts to either speed up the animations or use your phone settings to turn them off...

NattyBee

Reaction score
Still see the keyboard on the wbsite um ......did they fix update it?

I'm not sure...I really only heard the one person complain about it, and I haven't encountered any issues with it...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Es0ter1c

Reaction score
Sorry if this is terribly off-topic, but I am wondering if any of you guys who have used Darkslide know about the HDMI/USB/Camera functionality?
Is the blur camera still included on the blurry version? I've been having a d1ckens of a time getting USB to play nice on any ROM other than my stock...

Thanks,
Es0

Jaeger

Reaction score
I just installed it late last night. Near as I can tell the camera works just the same as it did before.
I haven't tried playing any videos using the HDMI port to my TV yet but the HDMI button is still present on the screen. I'll give it a try this morning after I get home. Same with the USB. I haven't tried it yet.

So far I'm pretty impressed. The phone is very quick and responsive and I don't think I have lost any functionality.

I haven't tried any of the other ROMS and frankly, unless a major problem crops up, I can't see moving off of this one any time soon.

Jaeger

Reaction score
HDMI works great as does wireless tether. I'm not sure about the wireless hotspot app.

NattyBee

Reaction score
HDMI works great as does wireless tether. I'm not sure about the wireless hotspot app.
Have you tried V4.1 yet? Just released last night (1AM for me, haha)
As for hotspot, i've never tried the "3G Hotspot" app, but i've used Wireless Tether For Root Users without any trouble... :)

Jaeger

Reaction score
Yes. 4.1 is what I flashed last night.

OP
S

steven.rn

Reaction score
The transitions are...well, stupid. Far too many of them. You have to wait to do stuff becuase of the stupid transition. Also, its just cluttered. I used it for a few minutes and restored my Rubix backup.

You can turn off transitions in spare parts- since I like them, but for me they are too slow too, I just turn up the speed on them- that's available too. Look in spare parts.

And if you're on rubix focused, try the non-blur version of darkslide.

That said, everyone has preferences, and Rubix is a good ROM too ;-) Nice to have choices.

NattyBee

Reaction score

Gotcha. I had been running 4.0, and updated to 4.1 just this morning...these guys do excellent work, and they keep improving at an incredible pace... everytime you think it can't get any better-it does :)

OP
S

steven.rn

Reaction score

Gotcha. I had been running 4.0, and updated to 4.1 just this morning...these guys do excellent work, and they keep improving at an incredible pace... everytime you think it can't get any better-it does :)

Ya know, JMT, I think I'ma try the Blurless 4.1- Since the blurry things like camera work the same, etc... the only thing I like is that news widget (the simple one that rotates the headlines, not the new blurry widget Moto did).

And, you're right... this just keeps getting better ;-) dancedroid

NattyBee

Reaction score

Ya know, JMT, I think I'ma try the Blurless 4.1- Since the blurry things like camera work the same, etc... the only thing I like is that news widget (the simple one that rotates the headlines, not the new blurry widget Moto did).

And, you're right... this just keeps getting better ;-) dancedroid
Very cool! I'm sure you'll enjoy it! :p blurless is my preference, but then again, I dob't use most of the extra blurry stuff...it's all according to one's taste ;)