DarkSlide V4 - .340 ROM - Style, Quadrant, Linpack Champ

steven.rn

Reaction score
BBcrackman, legend on other phones, took up the DroidX and is making what IMO is the best ROM for the DX.... detail in style, beats every other ROM I've used under the same conditions for speed... very much worth a looksee, folks. Excellent support in his thread, to boot.

[1/20/2010 - current version link.....] You can see the ROM download and the thread at

[ROM] DarkSlide v4.2

[12/14 Edit: Version 4.1 incorporating a lot of user requests is now up too; options for clear lockscreens, gingerbread keyboard, etc, etc.....]

[1/2/10 Edit: an upgrade is coming very shortly... I am curious how you upgrade "perfect" ;-) ]

[1/20 edit; link to DS 4.2]

I'm just a user like most of y'all- not connected with the team... just one happy, happy camper! I appreciate all the Devs, I'm just appreciating this ROM the most!

Cheers,

SteveRN

Last edited:

NattyBee

Reaction score
Indeed! DarkSlide is an amazing ROM series, and V4.0 is definitely a fine addition! The quality you'll find with DarkSlide is absolutely amazing, these guys definitely strive for perfection. if you find any issues with it, just post in their forum, and the Dev's (BBCrackman & GatesJunior) are very quick to respond, very patient, and very willing to do as much as they can to keep their users happy. This rom is by far the best in Droid X! There are many great roms out there for the X, but without a doubt DarkSlide can't be beat...They offer both a Blur and a "Blurless" version, but the Blurless version is basically slightly Blurry-just enough to keep all the functionality of the Droid X, but not enough to be in the way! I've found that this rom runs insanely smoothly/quickly without a need to OverClock, though you can if you want. They've added some really cool transitions to the mix (introduced, I believe, in V3.3, but continued here)...they've themed the entire rom with an awesome eye for detail, and without any sacrifice to performance...

Also, I should add that as long as you are running system version 2.3.32, their install.zip will automatically bring you up to 2.3.34 (which DarkSlide V4.0 is built on)

Anyhow, enough babbling from me...I'll include some screenshots here, and the OP contains the link to their forum thread-which contains download links as well as complete instructions for proper installation, official screenshots, and a very friendly/helpful user community to compliment the friendliness and helpfulness of the Dev's themselves...

Enjoy!

**EDIT 1/16/2011** updated screenshots...these show my setup on V4.2

Last edited:

DroidX316

Reaction score
Yes by far the best ROM/Support out there bar none.I have not had 1 reboot at all no problems what so ever BB/gates know what they are doing.

zeke

Reaction score
Darkside

This rom is the truth. Hands down.
:)

droidxchat

Reaction score
how come he doesn't use droidforums.net? he should get a section here....

maybe i'll try it, but apex is just too good right now... i dunno

Jordan8

Reaction score
So I don't have the 3g hotspot on my monthly bill but I thought I would try the 3g hotspot after installing this rom. I expected to get promted to singup for the $20/mo.. But its working fine.

Was it made to be free with this rom, or is it going to auto add it to my bill?

droidxchat

Reaction score
So I don't have the 3g hotspot on my monthly bill but I thought I would try the 3g hotspot after installing this rom. I expected to get promted to singup for the $20/mo.. But its working fine.

according to the features it is modified to allow free use. good luck

vcmstone

Reaction score
I got the. 340 OTA update the others day and want to install this rom. Do I just install this normally? Its says that you have to be coming from a specific system version. Is it ok to install this over the OTA from Verizon Wireless?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Jordan8

Reaction score

according to the features it is modified to allow free use. good luck

Okay thanks. Which is more of a risk, using the 3g hotspots or wireless tether?

Jordan8

Reaction score
I got the. 340 OTA update the others day and want to install this rom. Do I just install this normally? Its says that you have to be coming from a specific system version. Is it ok to install this over the OTA from Verizon Wireless?

I just installed it on .340

NattyBee

Reaction score
how come he doesn't use droidforums.net? he should get a section here....

maybe i'll try it, but apex is just too good right now... i dunno

MyDroidWorld is BBCravkman's site...so it's logical for him to stay there...

I actually tried out DarkSlide because i had heard it was similar to Apex but faster/smoother...which is true... it's fast like Rubix, but smoother...and very awesomely themed too! :p

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk