DarkSlide V4.2 PLEASE READ!!! Need-to-know's and how to's

Coderedpl

Reaction score
I was going to try this....and i installed both blur and the other version but didnt leave either. The blur contacts just dont do it for me at least not now.
Anyway to have aosp contacts?

ThaiBoy02

Reaction score
@XJACOBX is that how I would get the icons the actually say gmail, phone call, message text, etc....?

CAP201101221003.jpg

NattyBee

Reaction score
@XJACOBX is that how I would get the icons the actually say gmail, phone call, message text, etc....?

CAP201101221003.jpg
You're referri g to the dock icons...those are very easy...assuming you use launcherpro... you gotta download the icons you want, place them on your sdcard, and then:
Long-press on the dock shortcut you want to change...you will get the option to either change shortcut or change icon... ;)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ThaiBoy02

Reaction score
@NATTYBEE is there any place in particular that you might be able to direct me to be able to find those icons?

xjacobx

Reaction score
@NATTYBEE is there any place in particular that you might be able to direct me to be able to find those icons?

I ended up downloading the Goodies Pack from Dark Android Designs (its at the bottom of the page) That has tons of icons, and docks for launcher pro that work very well with the color scheme of DarkSlide

CAP201102230841.jpg

Coderedpl

Reaction score
Anybody get appwidgetpicker to work? Mine force closes when i select a widget to put onto homescreen

xjacobx

Reaction score
Anybody get appwidgetpicker to work? Mine force closes when i select a widget to put onto homescreen

You need to go into root explorer find the appwidgetpicker.apk and change the permissions to match the other apks in the folder.
then reboot your phone :)

Coderedpl

Reaction score

You need to go into root explorer find the appwidgetpicker.apk and change the permissions to match the other apks in the folder.

I should of thought about that. Thanks for the info, it worked. :icon_ banana:

Here is a flashable no-throttle for dark slide 4.2 blurless.
http://db.tt/Iyqgn9p

Not sure if it works or not, but i followed the steps required to remove the throttle services.

xjacobx

Reaction score

I should of thought about that. Thanks for the info, it worked. :icon_ banana:

Here is a flashable no-throttle for dark slide 4.2 blurless.
http://db.tt/Iyqgn9p

Not sure if it works or not, but i followed the steps required to remove the throttle services.

according to Gates it does effect the service or anything, other ppl say it does, i havn't really had areason to do it so let us know if you notice any changes :)

Reaction score
This thread will contain just what the title reads. It will have instruction's, walk through's and tutorials. Most of what you see has been put together by nattybee, who has helped so many get their ROM working the way a ROM should work. I beg of you to PLEASE READ the notes provided below before making new threads. I can assure you, because I know from experience, if the initial install of the ROM is done correctly few bug will arise.

DarkSlide v4.2 download(s)>>> DarkSlide v4.2

Clear Lock Slider in your Add-on's folder:

JMT has had to address this many time because the name on the DS Clear Lock Slider is named differently.
-The name of the Clear Lock Slider for Blurless reads like this>>> DarkSlide_Update_V4.2_CLS.zip
-And the name for the Clear Lock Slider for Blur reads as >>> DarkSlideBlur_Update_V4.2_CLS.zip

Gmail not syncing or not receiving notification's:

-Go to setting's
-Select Application's
-Select Manage Applications
-Select the "All" tab
-Scroll down to Gmail
-Clear data and cache

Navigation:

If your having Navigation problems try the following :
-Close navigation.
-Open maps, let it find your position.
-Once it does, back out of maps
-Open navigation and see if it works...
hey man im having some trouble with the ADW launcher uk the umm wth the lil bar at the bottom where you can put apps? well i cant access my menu cause there is an app in the way the email app is there and its like i cant remove it form the bootm bar with 3 open spaces but i cant remove them.. sorry if this is confuseing how do you remove apps from there please help chkmate... i am forever loyal to the darkslide...

Last edited:

NattyBee

Reaction score
This thread will contain just what the title reads. It will have instruction's, walk through's and tutorials. Most of what you see has been put together by nattybee, who has helped so many get their ROM working the way a ROM should work. I beg of you to PLEASE READ the notes provided below before making new threads. I can assure you, because I know from experience, if the initial install of the ROM is done correctly few bug will arise.

JMT has had to address this many time because the name on the DS Clear Lock Slider is named differently.
-The name of the Clear Lock Slider for Blurless reads like this>>> DarkSlide_Update_V4.2_CLS.zip
-And the name for the Clear Lock Slider for Blur reads as >>> DarkSlideBlur_Update_V4.2_CLS.zip

-Go to setting's
-Select Application's
-Select the "All" tab
-Scroll down to Gmail
-Clear data and cache

Navigation:

-Close navigation.
hey man im having some trouble with the ADW launcher uk the umm wth the lil bar at the bottom where you can put apps? well i cant access my menu cause there is an app in the way the email app is there and its like i cant remove it form the bootm bar with 3 open spaces but i cant remove them.. sorry if this is confuseing how do you remove apps from there please help chkmate... i am forever loyal to the darkslide...

Ok...long press on the desktop...In your popup should be the option to add a shortcut, or add a launcher action, or something to that effect...somewhere there you will find the app launcher...I forget the exact name, as I don’t use ADW any longer...
Anyhow, you can create a shortcut to your app drawer on the desktop...then just long press on that...and drag it to your dock bar (the little bar whereyou can put apps)...

I hope this helps ;)

Reaction score

-Go to setting's
-Select Application's
-Select the "All" tab
-Scroll down to Gmail
-Clear data and cache

Navigation:

-Close navigation.

Ok...long press on the desktop...In your popup should be the option to add a shortcut, or add a launcher action, or something to that effect...somewhere there you will find the app launcher...I forget the exact name, as I don’t use ADW any longer...
Anyhow, you can create a shortcut to your app drawer on the desktop...then just long press on that...and drag it to your dock bar (the little bar whereyou can put apps)...

I hope this helps ;)

Well hmm what launcher would you recommend?

NattyBee

Reaction score

I hope this helps ;)

Well hmm what launcher would you recommend?

LauncherPro definitely ;)