DarkSlide V4 - .340 ROM - Style, Quadrant, Linpack Champ

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
You mean 4.2... ;)

Just seeing if you were paying attention. Been so long since we seen you in here :) lol, j/k. Yea, my bad, 4.2. Was late when posted that. Guess I had the next version on my mind ;)

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\

Excuses excuses :p I caught that while drinking and watching Baing Human... lol :p

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Speaking of catching stuff, never heard of Baing Human ;)

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\

NattyBee

Reaction score
Just seeing if you were paying attention. Been so long since we seen you in here :) lol, j/k. Yea, my bad, 4.2. Was late when posted that. Guess I had the next version on my mind ;)

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\

Excuses excuses :p I caught that while drinking and watching Baing Human... lol :p

Speaking of catching stuff, never heard of Baing Human ;)

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\

Haha, you got me there! I don't know why I spelled that wrong... Being Human ;) great show though! :)

ecfiffer

Reaction score
i installed this the other day and have been enjoying it. i see a lot of love has been put into it. a few things i'd love to see are from Chevyno1's last build of SS. the power controls in the notification bar, and the lock screen music controls. oh and maybe the option to enable to disable the screen transitions. but in the time i've been using it i have to say its nicer then on SS for the DX. cant wait to see some GB love from these dev's!

quiet2

Reaction score
Big Thanks for all the hard work! :) I was too scared to try a ROM until Thursday. Now I'm a Rom junkie. DarkSlide is great! I really enjoy it. Thank you for all the hard work and the easy to follow how to's. Since I put this Rom on I cant put the X down. I just finished setting it up and made a backup. I love the graphics. :yr1:

Last edited:

bigjj44

Reaction score
i love this rom. question, how do i change the lock screen to clear locks? i was told i could but i can't seem to find it anywhere. thanks for the help yall.

quiet2

Reaction score
Indeed! DarkSlide is an amazing ROM series, and V4.0 is definitely a fine addition! The quality you'll find with DarkSlide is absolutely amazing, these guys definitely strive for perfection. if you find any issues with it, just post in their forum, and the Dev's (BBCrackman & GatesJunior) are very quick to respond, very patient, and very willing to do as much as they can to keep their users happy. This rom is by far the best in Droid X! There are many great roms out there for the X, but without a doubt DarkSlide can't be beat...They offer both a Blur and a "Blurless" version, but the Blurless version is basically slightly Blurry-just enough to keep all the functionality of the Droid X, but not enough to be in the way! I've found that this rom runs insanely smoothly/quickly without a need to OverClock, though you can if you want. They've added some really cool transitions to the mix (introduced, I believe, in V3.3, but continued here)...they've themed the entire rom with an awesome eye for detail, and without any sacrifice to performance...

I really like the screenshots

Also, I should add that as long as you are running system version 2.3.32, their install.zip will automatically bring you up to 2.3.34 (which DarkSlide V4.0 is built on)

Anyhow, enough babbling from me...I'll include some screenshots here, and the OP contains the link to their forum thread-which contains download links as well as complete instructions for proper installation, official screenshots, and a very friendly/helpful user community to compliment the friendliness and helpfulness of the Dev's themselves...

Enjoy!

**EDIT 1/16/2011** updated screenshots...these show my setup on V4.2

I really like the screen shots. How do I complete a desktop such as that? Custom? or within darkslide? I have only been playing with the Roms since Thursday, I dont know what took me so long!

TY.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
@quiet2. If you have DarkSlide installed you should have themed look to your phone already. But the ones posted by the OP are his own creation of the dock bar, icons, widgets and background. You just need to mess around with yours. As for wallpapers....there should be a DarkSlide folder that has a couple of wallpapers in it:)

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\

NattyBee

Reaction score
Indeed! DarkSlide is an amazing ROM series, and V4.0 is definitely a fine addition! The quality you'll find with DarkSlide is absolutely amazing, these guys definitely strive for perfection. if you find any issues with it, just post in their forum, and the Dev's (BBCrackman & GatesJunior) are very quick to respond, very patient, and very willing to do as much as they can to keep their users happy. This rom is by far the best in Droid X! There are many great roms out there for the X, but without a doubt DarkSlide can't be beat...They offer both a Blur and a "Blurless" version, but the Blurless version is basically slightly Blurry-just enough to keep all the functionality of the Droid X, but not enough to be in the way! I've found that this rom runs insanely smoothly/quickly without a need to OverClock, though you can if you want. They've added some really cool transitions to the mix (introduced, I believe, in V3.3, but continued here)...they've themed the entire rom with an awesome eye for detail, and without any sacrifice to performance...

I really like the screenshots

Also, I should add that as long as you are running system version 2.3.32, their install.zip will automatically bring you up to 2.3.34 (which DarkSlide V4.0 is built on)

Anyhow, enough babbling from me...I'll include some screenshots here, and the OP contains the link to their forum thread-which contains download links as well as complete instructions for proper installation, official screenshots, and a very friendly/helpful user community to compliment the friendliness and helpfulness of the Dev's themselves...

Enjoy!

**EDIT 1/16/2011** updated screenshots...these show my setup on V4.2

I really like the screen shots. How do I complete a desktop such as that? Custom? or within darkslide? I have only been playing with the Roms since Thursday, I dont know what took me so long!

TY.

Send me a pm...as soon as I can i'll help you grt it set up...
;)

BOA

Reaction score
Is there an update coming for this ROM any time soon that anyone know of??

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is there an update coming for this ROM any time soon that anyone know of??

I think its just over the horizon. But I can't speak for the devs. They will release it only when its ready.

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\

NattyBee

Reaction score
i love this rom. question, how do i change the lock screen to clear locks? i was told i could but i can't seem to find it anywhere. thanks for the help yall.

You'll need to:
Open Bootstrapper
-Bootstrap Recovery
-Reboot Recovery
Install zip from sdcard
-choose zip from sdcard
-select clear lockslider (located in DarkSlide/Add-ons)
-install
Back to main Recovery Screen
-Reboot
Enjoy

**The name of the Clear Lock Slider for Blurless reads like this>>> DarkSlide_Update_V4.2_CLS.zip
-And the name for the Clear Lock Slider for Blur reads as >>> DarkSlideBlur_Update_V4.2_CLS.zip**

BOA

Reaction score
Well it's good to know that an update is on the way. I love this ROM and have stuck with it but it's been kinda static. Would love to see some enhancements and tweaks.

Thanks for the heads up. Can't wait!!

fox_dye

Reaction score
Well I got my X a few days ago. I tried liberty. It was ok but coming from the D1 I like to give roms at least a day before I decide if I like it. Liberty started to give me a lot of fc's so I switched to ds4.2 and its been good. Nice and stable. Its a bit slower than liberty but the stability and battery life are great. I would have got a thunderbolt but the wife said she would kill me if I spent that much on a phone. Plus I like Motorola phones. They are really easy to unbrick. Rsd saved my but more than once. Just thought I would pop in and say hi to my new community. I think this will be my daily driver rom.

Sent from a galaxy far far away.....

Reaction score
So I have the darkslide zip on my sd, and i want the black market place as well. Reading the instructions you have posted on the other site is a bit unclear as to how you install the black market place and darkslide files at the same time. Do place them both on the sd card and name them both update.zip? or is there something I'm missing?