DarkSlide V4 - .340 ROM - Style, Quadrant, Linpack Champ

NattyBee

Reaction score
I believe I have figured out why quadrant wouldn't continue past the Video decoding - H.264. None of my videos work on my phone on you tube app or anywhere else.

Unless someone has a fix I guess I'm going to have to change roms.

I like this rom but I have started to notice other issues like when I open a certain text message convo it will open a different one and if you don't notice this you send the wrong message which could be trouble lol. Also same problem with opening apps.

If anyone could shed some light on this I would appreciate it.
Thank you in advance.

When you installed...did you come from at least system version 2.3.32? Did you follow the instructions in the OP EXACTLY? PM me if you want, and I will do my best to get you in good working order...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
S

steven.rn

Reaction score
Spoke too soon... dialer will not open, immediately closes, without even a force close.. reverting back to Fission, unless a quick response comes, with a fix.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Everything does work, so the fix is likely procedural rather than something "broken".... what version of fission?

donnycouchpotato

Reaction score
after reading this entire forum I decided to run with this, after doing it, its pretty cool, but I'm more into the visual then the actual function, so I like all the transitions and stuff, however, I was surprised when my old backscreen reappeared. How do I get the darkslide backscreens like in the original screen shots? Those look cool.

OP
S

steven.rn

Reaction score
after reading this entire forum I decided to run with this, after doing it, its pretty cool, but I'm more into the visual then the actual function, so I like all the transitions and stuff, however, I was surprised when my old backscreen reappeared. How do I get the darkslide backscreens like in the original screen shots? Those look cool.

Some of that is customizing; look on the SD card for the DarkSlide directory, it has wallpapers like the pix below, or just copy the attached files here for wallpaper if you like them.

There's a lot of theming in the ROM, but the fonts and wallpapers and widgets, screens.... that's up to you in pretty much any ROM.

Cheers!

Steven.RN

... and this

NattyBee

Reaction score

also, by the way, I believe Google backs up your wallpaper or something, as I've noticed even when I was on my D1 that when you log in to your google first thing, in initial setup, the wallpaper you had set before the wipe will be set already by the time the launcher comes up... :)

Laniadude

Reaction score
The darkslide wallpapers should be in your gallery... that's where I found mine....

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

cgrimm9

Reaction score
I installed this rom and I never will again I tried both the blur and blurless. but my phone don't like this rom. The battery drain is very very bad 40% in less then a hour of no use. I even tried to use juice defender and still battery was draining nothing I have ever seen before.

OP
S

steven.rn

Reaction score
I installed this rom and I never will again I tried both the blur and blurless. but my phone don't like this rom. The battery drain is very very bad 40% in less then a hour of no use. I even tried to use juice defender and still battery was draining nothing I have ever seen before.

Weird- Three different users in my house (the DroidX collective) are running darkslide both blurred and blurless versions, and battery life has been sweet. That's important to us here, for sure.

Any way to tell what's draining your batt at that incredible rate? Something's funky, but I really doubt it's anything in DarkSlide or at least one of us would be having issues.

That being said, if I had those issues I'd do what you did, but I'd be so darn curious I'd find the actual culprit to avoid this happening under some other, perhaps unexpected circumstance- could bite you in the future if there's some runaway app exchanging mountains of data, regardless of ROM.

Cheers (and good luck)
Steven.RN

Last edited:

cgrimm9

Reaction score
I am not dogging the rom did not have issues with the blur version just the blurless. I could have had a bad download I don't know I liked the blur version that is why I went foward to the the blurless. It even may have been a bad install. only thing that I did was changed the name on the framework. but I always have done this with not a problem.

I don't know it may be a bad install. maybe a bad install of a app I don't know oviously try the rom out. when a new rom comes out. I am always up to trying it out

NattyBee

Reaction score
I am not dogging the rom did not have issues with the blur version just the blurless. I could have had a bad download I don't know I liked the blur version that is why I went foward to the the blurless. It even may have been a bad install. only thing that I did was changed the name on the framework. but I always have done this with not a problem.

I don't know it may be a bad install. maybe a bad install of a app I don't know oviously try the rom out. when a new rom comes out. I am always up to trying it out

Indeed, I am curious of the exact steps you took to install...i'd suggest redownload the rom>mount system>wipe data/factory reset>install zip from sdcard>choose zip from sdcard>install DarkSlide... and see if you still have these issues...

Also, did you use Titanium backup? That can cause issues where the phone gets stuck syncing and drains the battery super fast...that's the only instance where I have heard of battery drain issues on DarkSlide...generally it's fantastic with battery life... :)

cgrimm9

Reaction score
Yes I did have titanium backup. guess this may have been the issue. I restarted the phone 3 times. I go back to this rom again cause I can never keep a rom on my phone for more then 2 weeks always messing around with the phone.

I fallowed the instructions the was required to install the rom mount system clear data/factory reset install zip

NattyBee

Reaction score
Yes I did have titanium backup. guess this may have been the issue. I restarted the phone 3 times. I go back to this rom again cause I can never keep a rom on my phone for more then 2 weeks always messing around with the phone.

I fallowed the instructions the was required to install the rom mount system clear data/factory reset install zip
I know how you feel, until I found DarkSlide, I was bouncing from rom to rom also...but now i'm perfectly at home with DarkSlide, no more need to bounce.

Well, if you decide to try again, just follow the OP instructions exact and avoid Titanium...you should see great battery life. Let me know if you do decide to- i'm interested in your results... :)

Bxrider117

Reaction score
I was the same way. I jumped from different roms, but I'm sticking with Darkslide. I just loaded the Blur version today after running the Blurless version since the VZW upgrade. I 2I'll not be switching from this rom for a while.

prince1071

Reaction score
I was the same way. I jumped from different roms, but I'm sticking with Darkslide. I just loaded the Blur version today after running the Blurless version since the VZW upgrade. I 2I'll not be switching from this rom for a while.

I can cosign this statement right here!

Question Bxrider, did you just flash the blur version right over the blurless, or did you wipe then flash?