D4 can't hide/disable system apps/bloatware after ICS update?

Installed ICS on your Droid 4? What do you think?

• My D4 with ICS is better than before!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ICS on D4 has reduced my functionality

• I refuse to install ICS! (Or, what is ICS?)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

frozenbase

Reaction score
So, my wife's D4 just got the ICS update. I encouraged her to install it even, but now she's lost various functionality, and gained little. The most annoying one we've found so far: we can't uninstall or hide or remove from the all-apps page the various bloatware from Verizon. It seems this functionality is gone now. Any ideas? Anyone find a work around? Before you could just go to the app in the all-apps page, press and hold, and select hide. Now that's gone too.

mikekhelxD

Reaction score
Yeah. They replaced the Task Manager app with pressing home for a second or two to kill apps. I basically don't like it and doesn't seem to help at all. You might have to root.

moset

Reaction score
So, my wife's D4 just got the ICS update. I encouraged her to install it even, but now she's lost various functionality, and gained little. The most annoying one we've found so far: we can't uninstall or hide or remove from the all-apps page the various bloatware from Verizon. It seems this functionality is gone now. Any ideas? Anyone find a work around? Before you could just go to the app in the all-apps page, press and hold, and select hide. Now that's gone too.

I'm on RAZR but it should be the same. In the app manager you should be able to disable bloat. If you have updated them you have to uninstall updated first then the disable button returns.
After disabling they go to the bottom of the list in manage apps where you can restore them.
Not sure it works the same with 4.
Also you can press and hold from the app drawer and slide up for more options. Tap app info and disable from there.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

joncarwash

Reaction score
Disable Apps

I just confirmed that you can indeed Disable the preinstalled bloatware apps on Droid4 with ICS. For some, you may need to click "uninstall updates" first and then the Disable option will appear. You can do this through: Settings | Apps | All.

DocWalt

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
They still show up as needing updates in the Play store, at least they did for me. You update them and you can no longer disable them. Stupid..