D3 rooted?!

Reaction score
If you are wanting something "easier" then what has already been provided, maybe you need to ask yourself if you should really be rooting at all :-/

It is already extremely simple, and the one-click windows application likely makes it even MORE simple. If you are waiting for something basically idiot proof, and that is what you are describing, you'll have to wait a bit longer.

I've rooted my dx so I know what im doing its that I don't uderstand the shell stuff. I paid full price for this phones so I can afford to mess it up. There a lot of people that want to root and want an esier way of doing it and the one click is it. I can do that with my eyes closed. I don't like when people tell me that I shouldn't do something because I want an easier way. Im not a crazy waiting for root like some people are. I like my phone wether its rooted or not.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Fr33dom

Reaction score
I've rooted my dx so I know what im doing its that I don't uderstand the shell stuff. I paid full price for this phones so I can afford to mess it up. There a lot of people that want to root and want an esier way of doing it and the one click is it. I can do that with my eyes closed. I don't like when people tell me that I shouldn't do something because I want an easier way. Im not a crazy waiting for root like some people are. I like my phone wether its rooted or not.

I think you two are speaking past each other some. I think Mav is referring to the one-click at [ROOT] Droid 3 root instructions (One Click added for Windows/ Linux/ OSX) being as easy as it gets. No ADB skilz necessary.

Edit: just make sure you read through the comments at that link.

Last edited:

lextune

Reaction score
IMHO its best to wait until there is a proven way to unbrick the phone. There are plenty of brave souls putting their phone at risk and I plan to learn from their mistakes and wait until the first update comes out for this phone before I think about this root.

Thats just my approach--and so my advice. I cannot afford the risk.

I'll take it....

This is my first Android device, and I am definitely not a computer expert. I'd love to get rid of the bloat, but not at the risk of losing my crucial, and very expensive, phone.

Reaction score
I used the one click root and im now rooted. I used titanium backup and froze some bloatware.

Reaction score
One question. To unroot after the one click root do I just factory reset or is there a different way just in case. Im sure we might need to if an update comes out.

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
One question. To unroot after the one click root do I just factory reset or is there a different way just in case. Im sure we might need to if an update comes out.

Root doesn't prevent OTA updates.....so you'll still get updates.

You'll lose root with an OTA update though.

If you want to remove root, delete /system/xbin/su and reboot your phone.

Ragnell

Reaction score
So what CAN I do with root at access at this point? Can I remove any bloatware and such yet?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

militant

Reaction score
So what CAN I do with root at access at this point? Can I remove any bloatware and such yet?

Yes, but don't remove it. Freeze it via TitaniumBackup. You can freeze the bloat obviously, you can now take screenshot's to share, make back ups, to name a few.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Please guys/gals I see the word "backups" being used.

That is a titanium backup of apps and settings not a backup of your ROM. There is no recovery available as of yet.

Just a friendly reminder that if you do something horrible, your "backup" will do nothing, because its not a nandroid.

Sent from my A855, while on the move.

REMilk

Reaction score

Freeze the bloatware! Do Not remove bloatware!

If you remove the Bloatware, you may not be able to update to the next version of the O/S. I made the mistake of removing bloatware from my OG Droid and I had to 'rebuild' using .sbf, the reroot and finally add all my apps back.

Last edited:

darkmatter

Reaction score
Figures root comes on my first day of vacation...

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
Haha^

Does anyone know if this 1 click D3 method works on a Android 2.3.3 Droid X2?
My friend updated his when he got it, and since the X2 is usually on 2.2.2, I read GingerBreak doesn't work anymore.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you check the X2 section someone has already done it and working supposedly.

Sent from my A855, while on the move.