D3 rooted?!

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Yep, followed the new poster's instructions on XDA and gained root just like he posted.

A user starts posting to XDA the same evening that he (presumably a he) also posts that he's rooted a D3--but never touched one.

And all the sudden people are willing to throw money at him and his stats are headed up.

Thats sad.

For those of you blinded by your desire for root, NO DROID 3 HAS BEEN ROOTED. He said himself that he hasn't touched one. He has no explanation for why he said he rooted a D3 without having touched one.

Once again, be patient.

Fr33dom

Reaction score
IMHO its best to wait until there is a proven way to unbrick the phone. There are plenty of brave souls putting their phone at risk and I plan to learn from their mistakes and wait until the first update comes out for this phone before I think about this root.

Thats just my approach--and so my advice. I cannot afford the risk.

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
IMHO its best to wait until there is a proven way to unbrick the phone. There are plenty of brave souls putting their phone at risk and I plan to learn from their mistakes and wait until the first update comes out for this phone before I think about this root.

Thats just my approach--and so my advice. I cannot afford the risk.

Sound advice, link the data directory improperly and you will bootloop.

Reaction score
Somebody needs to make a video or a easy way for us non tech guy's and gals. So any idea what all you can do if you get it rooted. Ive never had a smartphone before till i got the droid 3 so this is all new to me.

+ 1 a one click app that can also unroot then im all over this thing.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

rweb

Reaction score
+ 1 a one click app that can also unroot then im all over this thing.
A one click app for this exploit is *impossible*, since permissions are needed you only have while connected with adb.

unroot is possible, but not yet fully described. Quite easy for people with a little Linux knowledge, not easy for everyone else, I guess.

Reaction score
Is one click possible then. Or is this just the way it is and will never be easy for us people that don't know anything about what's going on here. I would just like something easier then this.

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
One click IS possible. Someone already accomplished it on irc channel #krazyk. Im going to be giving it a go in about 20 min. Ill report back

rweb

Reaction score
One click IS possible.
I was referring to a one-click _App_. I think, of course, a one-click Windows program is possible. Could help a lot of people, I guess, maybe I underestimated this.

socalsx

Reaction score
one-click root on rootzwiki page worked fine for me! just follow the instructions and be sure to unzip it before executing it

Maverick0984

Reaction score
If you are wanting something "easier" then what has already been provided, maybe you need to ask yourself if you should really be rooting at all :-/

It is already extremely simple, and the one-click windows application likely makes it even MORE simple. If you are waiting for something basically idiot proof, and that is what you are describing, you'll have to wait a bit longer.

technofiles2003

Reaction score
Root works, and the first thing I did

Went to root explorer, confirmed root, then changed the name of the stupid droid boot .ogg in the system folder, so no, totally silent boot! Yaa!

patfactorx

Reaction score
The 1 click is out but seriously I did the ADB way and it was kinda fun

neilrl79

Reaction score
one-click root on rootzwiki page worked fine for me! just follow the instructions and be sure to unzip it before executing it
it worked great for me too. i was in the middle of installing all the components to do the adb method when i read about the one-click, couldn't help but take the easy way.:)