D2 world edition is awesome (white, 1.2ghz cpu)

velocity92c

Reaction score
WOW I'm glad I didn't get a standard D2, the D2WE is much better. 20% more cpu clock speed by default and it's an awesome looking white. The only reason I didn't upgrade to begin with was because of the lack of an ability to use a custom kernel. I know kernels control more than CPU speed, but at 1.2ghz out of the box, that is sexy. Quadrant scored 1700+ out of the box, STOCK. Very impressed.

Dknelson728

Reaction score
I'd love to see a release date confirmed on this, really curious now.
Also curious to see the price on both this and the R2D2 respectively.

yhbae

Reaction score
WOW I'm glad I didn't get a standard D2, the D2WE is much better. 20% more cpu clock speed by default and it's an awesome looking white. The only reason I didn't upgrade to begin with was because of the lack of an ability to use a custom kernel. I know kernels control more than CPU speed, but at 1.2ghz out of the box, that is sexy. Quadrant scored 1700+ out of the box, STOCK. Very impressed.

1709 is not bad, but there are other processors that perform better. Lets looks at the table here:

Smartphone Benchmarks - Compare and submit performance benchmark speeds of HTC, Motorola, Samsung, LG, Sony Ericsson and other smartphones
(they have added an entry for "Droid Pro" already!)

As you can see, although a decent number, it is quite a bit lower than the new processor used by HTC Desire HD which is a second generation Snapdragon processor. It is lower than Samsung's Hummingbird as well. I think this is the limit of OMAP 3 based processors. With further optimization, the score will improve but so will the numbers for other phones.

We need OMAP 4 based phones now. :)