Qualcomm's Dual-CPU Snapdragon CPU

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
^Exactly. Its like Mission Impossible finding out ANY detailed info on Snapdragons, old or new. Makes one wonder.....

brando56894

Reaction score
hopefully these will be in a decent amount of phones come next year when I might upgrade.

Isnt that the truth, I remember I ordered a motherboard once and it was backordered, once I finally got it the damn thing was obsolete already!

Your motherboard is FAR from obsolete. Obsolete would be a socket 1 motherboard that uses ISA components. Last computer i built, I built right when the Intel Core2 came out. Is it obsolete? Heck no, still kicks butt on hardware intensive games. But is it obsolete? (as long as PCI-E is still the standard, it won't be)

Right, it takes awhile for something to become truly obsolete, I was just saying that my PC was old in terms of what the new tech was. But it was only a month or so old, by know means obsolete. I mean graphics cards get outdated about every other month or so now it seems. But that doesn't mean that the old ones are worthless.

So just be happy with what you get because regardless of what you get, it will be beat in a short amount of time. Just be happy with it.

Just wanted to clarify a little haha. Besides I personally think that a dual core CPU in a phone is a little ridiculous I can understand wanting it and all, but its borderline cheap laptop territory haha.

I guess the word I was looking for was "outdated", it was an older motherboard to begin with and this was a few years back.

Guchi

Reaction score
well these should have made their way into phones by the time im ready to retire my Inc! sweetness!

arw01

Reaction score
One has to wonder what the effect on battery will be with two 1.2 screaming in the phone. The heat probably will be an issue. My droid gets warm just running navigation coming home from work.

him

Reaction score
Damn....was going to get the new droid but i guess ill wait until this chip comes out...

This just starts a long time of waiting and never buying. The PC market is exactly the same, I bought brand new stuff for my build and a month later I was already old news haha. Eventually you just have to buy and be happy, because the tech will kick a** regardless.

Yeah I work in the communications field and know the drill...just that even with froyo there is a Tad bit more lag in my phone this should fix that right on up. Just like my laptop its starting to show a bit of lag so gonna get one those new i20. Core cpus when they come out.

xCaldazar

Reaction score
Is Android built to utilize dual core? Would it be an easy switch over if it isn't? I would imagine it is possible since it is built off linux kernel.

kristoff125

Reaction score
I don't see why not, and those dual core 1.8ghz intels would be wonderful in a phone, how long till they make quad cores for a phone, what is it, every 18 months chips double in power or half in size?