Kernels..stats/info/results/personal preference

JayR_

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
ok ive done a lot of testing this morning with kernels,(all with a max of 1200mhz) including wifi/no wifi/setcpu/no set cpu but using built in overclocking..also timed connection times on all and distance from my wifi access point that wifi will stay connected, and or connect initially.

i tested phone responsiveness and speed and also temperatures of the cpu and battery. also quality of audio and video streams over wifi and opinions differ about quadrant scores but i tested that as well, and a few more things...

i tested so many i cant post all my findings but..the best results i have came up with were by far the liquid/slayher 1200 slv kernel. i put it through the ringer, testing all kinds of things, alot of them at the same time, with rebooting in between some things.

the temperatures of cpu/battery stayed right around 90 degreesF, my phone was super stable in all of the operations, wifi seemed to stay connected and connect at longer distances from the router. i also definately got better quadrant scores with setcpu enabled and built in overclocking disabled.(slightly over 1700 several times)

I am well aware that these results may not be the same from phone to phone, and this kernel may not even work for some of you...so basically i just want to hear from you guys some of your findings, what you like, and some results you have experienced, and of course the kernel/voltage you are using.

Thanks to anyone who took the time to check this post out, i hope my findings have helped somebody today.

Last edited:

v941726

Reaction score
ok ive done a lot of testing this morning with kernels,(all with a max of 1200mhz) including wifi/no wifi/setcpu/no set cpu but using built in overclocking..also timed connection times on all and distance from my wifi access point that wifi will stay connected, and or connect initially.

i tested phone responsiveness and speed and also temperatures of the cpu and battery. also quality of audio and video streams over wifi and opinions differ about quadrant scores but i tested that as well, and a few more things...

i tested so many i cant post all my findings but..the best results i have came up with were by far the liquid/slayher 1200 slv kernel. i put it through the ringer, testing all kinds of things, alot of them at the same time, with rebooting in between some things.

the temperatures of cpu/battery stayed right around 90 degreesF, my phone was super stable in all of the operations, wifi seemed to stay connected and connect at longer distances from the router. i also definately got better quadrant scores with setcpu enabled and built in overclocking disabled.(slightly over 1700 several times)

I am well aware that these results may not be the same from phone to phone, and this kernel may not even work for some of you...so basically i just want to hear from you guys some of your findings, what you like, and some results you have experienced, and of course the kernel/voltage you are using.

Thanks to anyone who took the time to check this post out, i hope my findings have helped somebody today.

ok. now, do you have a D1 or a Dinc? big difference in hardware and i tried a few slayher kernels on the dinc and my phone wouldnt even boot. your profile still says you have a razor

OP
JayR_

JayR_

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
lol @ razor...um yes i should have mentioned i have a D1, thanks for pointing that out!

doublea500

Reaction score
i have used the default sapphire kernal, the chevy 1-800 kernal, the slayher kernal (both 1-900 and 1-1000), and both those slayher kernals with compache and i to me i really cant find any drastic differences in them. i would say the sapphire one is the worst (but not bad) but idk about the slayher vs chevy. they are both very fast. i think slayher may be a bit faster though (big reason for that is that i used a higher voltage for it) and the battery is fine for it.

Edit: i have the droid 1 btw

Last edited:
OP
JayR_

JayR_

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i have used the default sapphire kernal, the chevy 1-800 kernal, the slayher kernal (both 1-900 and 1-1000), and both those slayher kernals with compache and i to me i really cant find any drastic differences in them. i would say the sapphire one is the worst (but not bad) but idk about the slayher vs chevy. they are both very fast. i think slayher may be a bit faster though (big reason for that is that i used a higher voltage for it) and the battery is fine for it.

Edit: i have the droid 1 btw

i would have to agree, i had the worst results with sapphire kernel, chevy's have never preformed well on my phone unless i clock right around 800mz...but whats the fun in that..lol

mcjonesy

Reaction score
My phone absolutely refuses to do anything but boot loop with any of chevy's kernels.

I've had the best results so far with jdlfg's 1200MHz kernel.

(On a D1)

swizzcheez

Reaction score
I'm running P3Droid's 2.6.32.9 overclocked @ 1250 and running stable for medium usage around 7-10 hours. Quadrant scores hover around 1500. Battery temp never gets over 70*. Lovin it.

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
I gotta say overall as far as battery/performance combination chevys have always been my go to kernels.....with previous UD releases I have had problems getting any kernels other than chevys to even boot with UD & if they did work my wifi would be broke & my ph, but now withe the release of UD 2.3.0 to my suprise every kernel Ive thrown at it have worked, some obviously have more features than others, so far ive tried..slayhers, jdlfg, chevys & now today I have been trying out alternate sapphire kernels & they seem to be working perfect as well, for my phone in fact I would rate then 2nd in line to Chevys....give the sapphire kernels a try here is the link to the ones im using:

http://wiki.ccroms.net/sapphire/releases/1.1.1#kernels