D1-MIUI.us 1.5.27

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
D1-MIUI.US-1.5.27

This build is MOSTLY STABLE BUT STILL BETA according to the miui.cn developers.(and concured upon by TP4Bama and MagiMan7) MIUI build based off of the 1.5.27 build from china(MIUI.CN)

This build was ported to the droid by TP4BAMA and MagiMan7, translations to english were done by MIUI.US

All of the Miui.us build are now available on Rom Manager under MIUI.us which will allow automatic notification of future builds
The MagiMan7 section will no longer have updated builds there

Follow us on twitter for real time updates!
@tp4bama
@magiman7

If this is your first time trying Miui, read the Miui Manual (credit The Batman) to become familiar with the interface and many of the hidden options.

Code:
#include <std-disclaimer>

/*Anything you do to your phone is solely your responsibilty, you choose
 to modify your phone. This rom has been marked BETA by the developer,
 however should anything happen to your phone neither of the developers
 "MagiMan7 and/or Tp4bama" nor MIUI.us nor Miui.cn developers are liable 
 in anyway.*/

KNOWN ISSUES:
  • Flashing zip files over the rom after flashing might cause reboots while downloading market apps, make a backup before flashing zips!
  • Apps dont automatically load, use the Miui Backup app to backup /restore apps
  • If you have having launcher force closes, switch back to the stock theme to verify the theme is not causing the issue.
  • MMS Videos playback as slide show,. (Chinese devs know about this!! There is a problem across all builds with attaching vids to mms) If you NEED video mms, DON'T USE THIS ROM. If you don't NEED video mms than DON'T COMPLAIN
  • Instead of *228 call *228+ (hold 0 for + sign) (See issue below)
  • Facebook will sync ALL contacts
  • Hear camera initialize once after every full boot
  • Autobrightness is slow to change (see fix below)
  • Phone FC on all numbers beginning with * (Voicemail shortcut fix below)
  • Hot Boot Reboot ocassionally freezes (looking into it)
POST BUGS HERE IN THIS THREAD.

MIUI CHANGELOG: Here

Local changes by US:
  • Completely new porting procedure, removed a TON (over 50) of unneeded Milestone files
  • Upgraded Motorola Proprietary files to FRG83G (Prevents VZW OTA update from downloading)
  • Stock kernel set to ondemand governor with min/max frequencies of 125/800
  • Changed the default VM Heap to 40mb
  • Compcache working from install (40mb)
  • Re-implimented compcache to be more compatible with other kernels
  • Changed SD Card buffer to 2048 for speed boost (credit brainmaster)
  • Car Home was added because it cannot be found on the market
  • Old 3D Gallery was added.
  • Removed 3G Hotspot due to it not working
  • Removed ProTips due to it being useless
  • Added all ringetones from CM7
  • Added sysrw and sysro scripts to remount system partition with write or read only access
  • Added vim, nano, bash, autocomplete / memory for terminal, fix permissions script (CyanogenMod 7)
  • Added Terminal app from CyanogenMod 7
  • Added 4-way Power mod (Miui.us)
  • Adjusted multiple memomory configurations - Multitasking and Hard to Kill Launcher from V6 Supercharge script (credit zeppelinrox)
  • Added lockapp / unlockapp scripts to lock an app in memory (scripts by MagiMan7, idea from zeppelinrox)
  • Replaced Miui Camera with the CyanogenMod Camera until the Miui Camera is fixed

INSTALLATION:
  1. Backup apps with MIUI backup if you are on a previous GB release (1.4.8 or later)
  2. NANDROID BACKUP!
  3. Wipe Data/factory reset
  4. Flash this rom
  5. Restore apps/data with Miui backup
  6. If you use Google to back up your contacts, restoring contacts with Miui Backup could result in duplicate entries
  7. Using Titanium Backup to backup and restore apps/data has reportedly caused FCs
  8. [DO NOT TRY TO RESTORE SYSTEM DATA FROM ANY ROM INCLUDING MIUI BELOW 1.4.8!!!!!!! or you will get force closes...] You have been warned.

DOWNLOADS
Be sure to NANDROID backup!

Stock 1.5.27: D1-Miui.us-1.5.27
md5: ab6a6ad6ff07fb8d19c3d671520a65c5

Miui.us Dark Blue theme 0.10 (Dark Theme Remix, credit Джаггернаут) with Miui.us bootanimation (credit Aperture)

miui-us.gif

Miui.us Dark Blue Remix
md5: 217da4c323f677850d759d9d1e997a95

Check out other themes at our THEME THREAD HERE. Big thanks to whiskeycoke for managing it.
Or themes available at Miui.us

Themers: Excellent guide on creating Miui themes at Miui.us

ERI Mod - Removes all Verizon / Roaming / Network text in menu bar and pull down. (Flash on top of 1.5.20)
ERI-Mod 1.5.27: D1-Miui.us-1.5.27-eri-mod.zip
md5: eea5b546804c0464df9b4ab5c573ca88

AUTOBRIGHTNESS FIX
The screen may take 10-30 sec to change brightness level when moved from bright to dark environment. This can be sped up to around 5 sec by disabling the Light Sensor Filter. To do this go to Settings -> Display Settings -> Advanced Mode (Under Automatic brightness) -> Turn off Light Sensor Filter at the top.

VOICEMAIL FIX
To check voicemail you can dial your own phone number. You can change the voicemail shortcut at: Settings -> Call Settings -> Settings (bottom) -> Voicemail Number -> change to your phone number

LOCKAPP / UNLOCKAPP INFO
Run lockapp script in terminal or from gscript. Both scripts are located in /system/xbin. Both scripts take a single argument, the process name. For example the Miui Music player has the process name com.miui.player. You can find process names for most installed apps under /data/app (just drop the -1.apk from the name listing).

To lock an app in memory you run lockapp PROCESS. For example, to lock the Miui Music player into memory, run 'lockapp com.miui.player' As a warning, Do not lock more than 1 app in memory. To lock an app in memory, the app has to be running. If the process is not running, the script will inform you.

Once an app is locked into memory, the only way to remove it from memory is to kill the process. The unlockapp does extactly that. It is run with the same arguement, unlockapp PROCESS. If you wanted to unlock the Miui Music player from memory, run 'unlockapp com.miui.player' This will kill the app you are unlocking from memory. If you want it to run the background unlocked, you will have to re-run the app.

Last edited:

HardWired

Reaction score
Cool, thx guys! Gonna give it a run now. Again, I appreciate all the time and work spent on these ports. They're getting smoother each week. Wasn't sure if GB Miui would pan out for the D1...but what do I know. ;-)

Reaction score
Woooooo. Can't wait to flash this. 5.20 is running so beautifully. Here we go again. Thanks for all the hard work

EDIT: Link seems to be down. Trying to download from my phone though so maybe not. Anybody else having trouble?

Sent from my D1 rocking GB MIUI thanks to magiman7

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah idk what's going on but I just dl'ed from my computer and its working fine. Don't know why my phone isn't wanting to download right now, oh well. Thanks

g_what

Reaction score
DOWNLOADING...

I'm excited :)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I am on top of this... I'll report back any issues. Thanks for everything, I really don't ever want to leave MIUI...

Exayex

Reaction score
I installed this, and for the first time, tried the deprimed kernel. It runs great, but I'm trying to run the V6 SuperCharger script and I'm getting unexpected errors. Any ideas?

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I installed this, and for the first time, tried the deprimed kernel. It runs great, but I'm trying to run the V6 SuperCharger script and I'm getting unexpected errors. Any ideas?

What errors are you getting?

bsm471

Reaction score
I'm getting a fc when dialing * before a number (ex. Voicmail, *228)... I noticed trey's port is having the same issue... is there a way around dialing voicemail without it?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Exayex

Reaction score

What errors are you getting?

Command:
'/mnt/sdcard/tapatalkdrodiforums_download/V6_SuperCharger_for_Android.zip'
-------------
Out:
exec sh '/mnt/sdcard/tapatalkdrodiforums_download/V6_SuperCharger_for_Android.zip'
# ms_download/V6_SuperCharger_for_Android.zip'
P: not found
y: not found
/mnt/sdcard/tapatalkdrodiforums_download/V6_SuperCharger_for_Android.zip: 3: Syntax error: ")" unexpected

If that helps at all. I've never done this script thing.

chewy74

Reaction score
Excellent work guys.

WiFi issue resolved with this build, smooth and fast. You guys keep drawing me back...

Thanks for your hard work

g_what

Reaction score
I'm getting a fc when dialing * before a number (ex. Voicmail, *228)... I noticed trey's port is having the same issue... is there a way around dialing voicemail without it?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Dial your phone number instead of *228.