D1-MIUI.us 1.5.27

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Just noticed the MIUI camera seems to be missing from this build. Any chance of getting the apk posted somewhere?

ZenDroid

I can send you the apk, but to get it to work at all requires disabling autofocus and autoflash. Even then it can crash when zooming or changing exposure. Once it crashes, it leaves an open thread connecting to the camera hardware that prevents any app from connecting to the camera and slows the system down. So once the camera crashes, the phone needs to be rebooted.

To avoid 100 posts of camera bugs, I just pulled the app until it get fixed in source.

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Thank you magiman7!

Anyone having issues w/ on-screen keyboard I have to pull physical keyboard to text..

I haven't had any issues w/ the stock keyboard. I am using FlexT9 currently and have used swype on previous builds, so you could try downloading another keyboard as a quick fix. I know there is a gingerbread keyboard on the market.

ItsTrentB

Reaction score
Is there a way to pull the mms.apk from a previous build? I liked the conversation/inbox customization of the stock messaging on froyo better

Sent from T-Zillas DroidForums

zendroid

Reaction score
Quick Camera Fix

Here's a quick fix for the camera app...

basically copied it over from the 1.5.20 build as follows:

-flashed the 1.5.20 build
-copied the muicamera.apk from the 1.5.20 system/app folder onto the sd card using root explorer
-reflashed 1.5.27
-copied the apk from sd card back into the 1.5.27 system/app folder (after changing r/o to r/w in the top right corner)
-changed permissions on the miuicamera.apk to rw-r-r (long press to see permission option)
-deleted original camera.apk
-changed r/w back to r/o at top right corner
-exit root explorer
-reboot

then the miui camera was visible and worked perfectly for me without settings changes.

It may be hard to believe but my favorite feature of all the MIUI builds is the full screen camera! Haven't found that anywhere else. :)

Thanks everybody!

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
any way to disable camera sounds?

Not that I found yet. Will try to look into it more.

Is there a way to pull the mms.apk from a previous build? I liked the conversation/inbox customization of the stock messaging on froyo better

Sent from T-Zillas DroidForums

You can try pulling the apk from 1.3.25. I don't have a copy of that build anymore. My guess would be that it won't work with all of the system changes. Only thing I can suggest is looking at different themes that may be able to give you a similar look.

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
then the miui camera was visible and worked perfectly for me without settings changes.

I hadn't tried pushing last weeks camera apk because it had similar issues. Can you verify zooming in and out (on screen and w/ vol buttons) and changing exposure does not cause a crash?

jessegio34

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I have a question? I pull up YouTube and the letter are in white and the background is white also. So its hard to read the titles of the videos. How can I fix this. New to MIUI.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I have a question? I pull up YouTube and the letter are in white and the background is white also. So its hard to read the titles of the videos. How can I fix this. New to MIUI.

Are you running a theme? My youtube app has white text on a black background.

jessegio34

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo

Are you running a theme? My youtube app has white text on a black background.

I am bro. What would be a good theme to change the YouTube background?

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I am bro. What would be a good theme to change the YouTube background?

Stock theme works w/ youtube. Not sure about any others. Only way to find out is to try it.

JEHELMER

Reaction score
Any1 know what the icon is in the notification bar only on the lockscreen that has a circle with 2 white dots and the #1? Its driving me crazy....

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Exayex

Reaction score
Any1 know what the icon is in the notification bar only on the lockscreen that has a circle with 2 white dots and the #1? Its driving me crazy....

It means you have 1 notification, I believe. At least I think that's the icon you're describing. It's annoying, because it shows when I run Winamp. But oh well.

dopa

Reaction score
Thank you!
One bug is FC when I setup my google voice.
To replace voice mail to google voice, I need to call *1XXXXXXXXXX to activate my account. I can't do it because of FC.