Cyanogen mod on DX-will it hit D2G in the future?

JackpotClavin

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
i'm trying to build cm7 for the pro which is pretty much the same phone as the d2g, problem is i have no where to start in respect to getting the radio working, do you have any clues?

bikedude880

Reaction score
For stock, 3G is explicitly tied to Blur Dialer.

Sent from my White DROID 2 GLOBAL.

JackpotClavin

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
does your radio even turn on? mine is stuck in airplane mode, just wondering if we are in the same boat here

carbanm

Reaction score
i'm trying to build cm7 for the pro which is pretty much the same phone as the d2g, problem is i have no where to start in respect to getting the radio working, do you have any clues?

I think you'll run into the same problem as with using D2 roms for the D2G, basically GRD made their romer tool to replace the files from the d2 cdma radio with files that made the radio on the d2g work, at the expense of the sensors doing dumb stuff. you could look into their romer tool and see what files are being replaced, and replace similar files from gingerbread official, once it releases.

JackpotClavin

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
sorry guys got a little side tracked today, i extracted three files from the system that i sbf'ed from. they are in /system/lib. the three files are libmoto-ril.so, libreference-ril.so, and libpppd_plugin-ril.so. i believe you must sbf and do a data wipe and activate your phone before you flash the new cm7 version and then the radio should work. i still have no 3g data although i really haven't tried anything after i got the radio working as i went out for the day. the microphone does not work as of yet so getting data and the microphone to work are my two objectives for the weekend. lemme know how those files worked on your d2g. i think the dpro and d2g are very similar radio wise so this might do the trick for you. also you MUST give these three lib files the EXACT SAME permissions as all other lib files in /system/lib or else you will not be able to boot

bikedude880

Reaction score
I'll be testing a build tonight (already deduced the radio after working on GEM). Had issues after forgetting to include hijack. Guess what happens without it? Nothing :/

Sent from my White DROID 2 GLOBAL.

JackpotClavin

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
k lemme know and i'll use your extractfiles.sh from your github and see if everything works for me

migaaaaaa

Reaction score
Hey guys, new here after looking around for a few months.

I have a D2G as well and decided to try out the DROID2 version of CM7 on here with some replaced system files from the D2G Romer. I can report that radio is working, but no data. Microphone seems to work in Sound Recorder, but I haven't been able to test it in a call yet.

A huge issue is that it's quite unstable (just using the Browser app causes it to crash the whole thing and reboot) and when the phone goes to sleep, once it wakes up, it just shows a blank screen (but you can get it to unlock by opening the keyboard fully and closing it). Also, for some reason, the keyboard's absolutely tiny (I'll post a screenshot if needed).

Update: Sound is working, it turns out the problem was that I actually did replace something, and that caused it not to work. Whoops.

Also, the accelerometer is completely off. To get it to show portrait, I have to put the phone on the right side, but this is fine since I can disable automatic rotation.

Update 2: Now the lockscreen seems to be working fine...?

Update 3: Found out why the Browser app is crashing. When it goes to Google's page, it attempts to init GPS, GPS can't init, causes the phone to crash. Just had the same issue in the application "Tricorder".

If there's anything you want me to try, I'll be willing to do so.

Last edited:

JackpotClavin

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
good find although mine wasnt doing that for some reason, i really wanna find out why our data isnt working, all we need is that and we should have a legit phone with the rest of the modifications being editing libraries and xmls before building

migaaaaaa

Reaction score
good find although mine wasnt doing that for some reason, i really wanna find out why our data isnt working, all we need is that and we should have a legit phone with the rest of the modifications being editing libraries and xmls before building

Is the accelerometer working fine for yours? It works on here but like I stated above, it has it's axises way off. Would you know how to fix it?