Cyanogen mod on DX-will it hit D2G in the future?

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Well I'll be darned, CM7 has been
ported to the DX (with bugs), original thread here.
Does anyone here think it might be possible to end up
with a D2G port of it once we have some radio drivers for 2.3?
I'm guessing it's possible since (I think) the Dx, D2, and D2G
share the same bootloader encryption.

bikedude880

Reaction score
I'd assume so. I'd love to have access to 2.3...

Sent from my White DROID 2 GLOBAL.

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
They may have the same encryption but the radios are totally different. It seems the D2g is much harder to port roms to than both the dx and d2.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

bikedude880

Reaction score
I've already confirmed that at least 3G CDMA is tied to the MotoBlur Dialer. Past that and a few other issues, it's been relatively simple so far when using tweaked D2 vendor/prod configs.

MrHatchi87

Reaction score
I would love to have cyanogen mod for my phone lol I thought the bootloader was an issue...

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

jt1359

Reaction score
Yes, I was confused about that too.. Are they porting it over with the stock kernel? Or have they only ported it onto a dev phone or something?

OP
Byakushiki

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Kernel's still locked down, as is bootloader, cvpcs just managed to get CM past all that somehow. It's probably just a question of when will we have the 2.3 radio firmware/drivers/whatnot at any rate.dancedroid

bikedude880

Reaction score
It's called 2nd-init. From what I know, it let's the system reinitialize(?) a kernel. Cvcps mentioned on IRC earlier that he'd be posting more info on this method in the near future.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
That would be amazing..... Have some other things im working on right now but it would definately be nice to look into that.

reidgober

Reaction score
I sure hope someone works on this (or at the very least tries to make it work)

OP
Byakushiki

Byakushiki

Reaction score
I'd love to try to build this but I simply don't have the skills or knowledge xP, would love it if I did. Might be closer than we think now that someone 'round here's about to get their hands on a 2.3 soak test. Looks like we'll have the radio firmware/stuff soon

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums
Rockin' my D1 instead for a bit over my D2G

bikedude880

Reaction score
Dusting off my dev box and pulling CM source atm in anticipation. Just need to get ahold of these magic files xD

jt1359

Reaction score
Well now that moto has confirmed that they're unlocking bootloaders later this year, I think there's a good chance we may see CM7 on the D2G, along with some new kernels. All we need is some good devs, which luckily we have been getting recently! :)

reidgober

Reaction score
don't go getting your hopes up, I wouldn't believe anything (as far as unlocking the bootloaders) until I see it

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
The didnt actually confirm that they would be unlocking any specifically though. Also, its the ones that are supposed to be updated in Q3/4 which rules us out now....

However, if the 2nd-init thing that Cvpcs has gotten working can also work on d2g (which i believe it will.... its a port from the Atrix) then soon it wont matter if its unlocked or not.