Cyanogen mod on DX-will it hit D2G in the future?

kickasz23

Reaction score
maybe ask cvpcs..but wow only took you like hot min to get it working...i know there is someone working on the droid 2 one as well maybe cross notes?

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Biker what is working?

Bluetooth. Period.

Can't do much without using pure GB. Currently this is GB with a splash of Froyo binaries.

Good Job BikerDude ....I Dont have the D2G anymore but Congrats either way man you are showing everyone what android id made of

& also showing Everyone where there is a will there is a way \

bikedude880

Reaction score
Biker what is working?

Bluetooth. Period.

Can't do much without using pure GB. Currently this is GB with a splash of Froyo binaries.

Good Job BikerDude ....I Dont have the D2G anymore but Congrats either way man you are showing everyone what android id made of

Thanks. My biggest issue is not having access to updated firmware, so radios are hard to test.
Wifi initializes the device as tiwlan0 (correct), but fails to connect. CDMA/GSM radio is broken. Bluetooth seems to work in the sense that it inits the device and can scan.

At the moment the interface lags, but the speed itself is smooth. Setting up some stuff on github, would love to get in contact with someone who has the soak and/or knows CM/Android as a developer.

Last edited:

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Bluetooth. Period.

Thanks. My biggest issue is not having access to updated firmware, so radios are hard to test.
Wifi initializes the device as tiwlan0 (correct), but fails to connect. CDMA/GSM radio is broken. Bluetooth seems to work in the sense that it inits the device and can scan.

At the moment the interface lags, but the speed itself is smooth. Setting up some stuff on github, would love to get in contact with someone who has the soak and/or knows CM/Android as a developer.

I just tweeted to a buddy I believe knows him from his irc channel i will see if he gets back to me B4 I go to bed ........have you tried the GRD Romer toll might need to SBF but it was built for froyo but he you never know worst come to worst just SBF

bikedude880

Reaction score

I just tweeted to a buddy I believe knows him from his irc channel i will see if he gets back to me B4 I go to bed ........have you tried the GRD Romer toll might need to SBF but it was built for froyo but he you never know worst come to worst just SBF

No sense in reinstalling what I'm already using as a source to build. About 190 files are from Froyo and cover everything from OMX libs to radio firmware. ****'s just broken :p

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
alright good job man I will get back to you if my buddy tweets back to me

andylulzyou

Reaction score
If it's any help the DX version is booting off of the stock DX froyo kernel, baseband, etc..

I'm not sure getting the GB kernel will be of any help to you since apparently the 2nd-init doesn't play nice with it..

Good luck

bikedude880

Reaction score
If it's any help the DX version is booting off of the stock DX froyo kernel, baseband, etc..

I'm not sure getting the GB kernel will be of any help to you since apparently the 2nd-init doesn't play nice with it..

Good luck

Yeah, already have my build set up like that.

For the adventurous, I give you enough to get started as well: https://github.com/bikedude880/android

Last edited:

jt1359

Reaction score
Any eta? I just the invite to register for the soak test.

Sent from my B/W Angelic D2G using DroidForums

This was from another thread, but if you haven't found anyone from the soak test you might want to ask this guy. His name is tRu3_sKiTz0

m0nk3ym4n

Reaction score
Support

I will do anything to help make this happen for the Droid 2 Global. Please let me know how I can help / support you guys.

Need me to run constant tests? I'll do it. dancedroid

aceoyame

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I just submitted my help. I was originally gonna help with get r done but they died before I could join =(

OP
Byakushiki

Byakushiki

Reaction score
I'll get a system dump up once 2.3 is rooted, or find a workaround to get it.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums