Cyanogen 9 help!!

donfish06

Reaction score
I am relatively new at this stuff and I just flashed CM9 but It wont go past the boot animation. Any ideas on what went wrong!?

eye_dea

Reaction score
Did you use bootstrap or safestrap?
Do you know how to get your phone working and out of the bootloop?

OP
D

donfish06

Reaction score
I used safestrap. I can boot into recovery and flash a different ROM but i want to get this one working :(

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did you wipe everything necessary?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

OP
D

donfish06

Reaction score
It showed that they were wiped during the install, so I didnt. I then realized that I mounted \system instead of format \system. So I started all over again and wiped everything. It has been maybe 7 min and it is still in the boot animation. I'll wait to see what happens, i guess.

btw, is \system supposed to be mounted, or unmounted? lol!

DrJay

Reaction score
CM 9 isn't available for the bionic yet. What rom did you install?!?

Sent from my bionic using my fingers...

Lownignitus

Reaction score
Only rom I know that says cm9 in it is by dhacker

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

DrJay

Reaction score
That is not CM 9. It is BASED on CM 9 source (AOKP) but is only a port. It is not an official CM 9 Rom... And radio problems are a known issue with that rom, at this time. :(

READ the first post carefully :)

DrJay

Reaction score
CM 9 isn't going to be worked on until moto releases the key to unlock the bionic bootloader. This will have to occur so the devs can modify the kernel for the ics hardware drivers specific to the bionic. This is why there is no hardware acceleration, the cameras are iffy, the radio is an issue... These hardware items require chipset drivers that are located in the currently locked bootloader /kernel.
dhackers rom is a great ics preview though....

Lownignitus

Reaction score
http://www.droidhive.com/forums/index.php?/files/file/38-cm9-selfkang-bionic-ics-403-r1-nightlies/

Cm9 is Cyanogen. I got it working. I needed to get. 902 BEFORE I flashed it. You guys should check it out, it's great!

That is not an "official" Cyanogen build. It's a build BASED on CM9 built by dhacker

Oh! any idea when (if) cm9 will come out?

The way out looks all new motorola Verizon phones are not gonna get official CM support

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

DrJay

Reaction score
The way out looks all new motorola Verizon phones are not gonna get official CM support

They will support the moto phones and the bionic too... EVERYONE is just waiting for the unlocking of the bootloader -whether that comes with motos official method like HTC does or by an "unofficial" leak of the security code encryption key. I am sure that a lot of moto's delay has been in the Google's code and android 4.0's integration to a phone. Remember it will do absolutely nothing for our phones to have ics based roms if the integration of the radio makes our connections more unstable than they are currently for a lot of people.....