Help, I think I toasted my Bionic

randy_b

Reaction score
The instructions looked easy...I went to put on the latest PAC-man ROM. I used the Clockworkmod to backup the phone, then did a factory wipe and flashed it to the new ROM zip file on my sd card. After that completed I rebooted and now it wont get past the screen that says "loading PAC-man". Nice boot graphics but that is about it. I've tried every way I can think to boot to the Clockwork recovery to restore my backup but cannot figure out how to boot into it (tried power button with both volume down, and with either up or down pressed. I can get into the stock recover screen or APFastboot but not Clockwork mod. Now I just want to get it back to functioning on any ROM but it would be nice to know what I did wrong.

This was the version I flashed to. Anyone have an idea or know how I can get my nandroid backup or any OS back to running on it?
targa_PAC_JB_4.2.2-v22.0.1_20130403-111107

Thanks,

Last edited:

JayBusa102709

Reaction score
Go sign up at droidrzr.com they have a lot more resources for the bionic. A couple top developers moved there. Go to bionic development

JayBusa102709

Reaction score
You well need to fxz back to .246 you will find all directions and downloads at droidrzr.com under bionic help and bionic development

JayBusa102709

Reaction score
You fxz back with a tool called rsd lite which you use on a computer or laptop with your bionic connected you will also need the stock data cable your phone came with.

JayBusa102709

Reaction score
You will also have to download the .246 fxz file you will fond that there also

JayBusa102709

Reaction score
Oh one thing from now on install safe strap 3.11 and flash ROMs through that this will never happen again to you if you use safe strap its the only way to flash. Flashing the way you did works jut it is so dangerous. I've flashed my phone at least 50 plus times with safe strap and have never had a single problem.

OP
R

randy_b

Reaction score
back up and running

Thanks for the great info! I'm back up and running on 246 and will check out safe strap before trying out any new ROMs. Might just wait for the Jelly Bean update that is coming out.