cracked screen, can i fix it?

SSpeeDEMONSS

Reaction score
i dropped my phone the other day and cracked the screen. the touchscreen still works fine but it looks pretty bad. i've been very happy with my phone and i would like to keep it. can i fix/replace the screen?

Garrett

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
yeah theres several tutorials on youtube.com that show you how to take the phone apart and replace the screen.

you can find the replacement parts on ebay for pretty cheap just make sure you buy from a trusted seller with a good rating.

you might need to replace both the screen and the digitizer so your better off just to buy both. Its only a few more dollars to get both and it would suck to get the phone apart and then realize you need both.

iamleebob

Reaction score
pwned...wow...this doesn't bode well. My wife dropped hers, and shattered it. I am trying to be a hero and fix it without having to rob someone :-D

Droid noob

Reaction score
pwned...wow...this doesn't bode well. My wife dropped hers, and shattered it. I am trying to be a hero and fix it without having to rob someone :-D

I thought the droids had some crazy gorilla glass that doesn't crack or scratch

Sent to U via Incredible 2

iamleebob

Reaction score
They might have....but my wife is amazing and can do things that no other human being should be able to do.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I thought the droids had some crazy gorilla glass that doesn't crack or scratch

gorilla glass is very good at preventing scratches and resists breaking more then other glass but at the end of the day its still glass and if it falls just right it will shatter.