Could this Razr Maxx be a lemon?

eddiekeyton

Banned
Reaction score
Twitter
eddiekeyton
bb= junk in my eyes

Sent from my BLACK DROID RAZR using Droid Forums. Prepare to be impressified!!!!

OP
jsullivan

jsullivan

Reaction score
Yes, it was! It's a great alarm clock though and that's all.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I had the first bb storm... I had 9 of them.. it wasn't fun :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

eddiekeyton

Banned
Reaction score
Twitter
eddiekeyton
i had the bb curve. talking about hatred lol

Sent from my BLACK DROID RAZR using Droid Forums. Prepare to be impressified!!!!

lovemyram4x4

Reaction score
I've had data issues on 3 of my 4 Razrs, unfortunately my current Razr is one of them, the fact that 1 didn't have the same problems & other Razr owners in my area didn't have the same issues when i did it's clear it was the phones.

I also had a similar sound problem that turned out to he a bad connection on the speaker.

I've been <impressed with the CLNR replacement phones granted one of them was the phone that had properly functioning data. Unfortunately I let them delay me with try this for a few days until I was past 14 days on the first phone, don't so the same if it's not right, get a new one while you can.

1339708296469.jpg

OP
jsullivan

jsullivan

Reaction score
9 BB Storms, that's painful! That was the most ridiculous phone to type on. I remember a co-worker letting me try her iphone and like a total idiot I told her her phone wasn't working because her screen wasn't moving up and down. I graduated to a Droid Incredible (first one-have had it for almost 2 years) and I have to say I love that phone, I just hate its battery.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
You should love the MAXX, but one small piece of advice.
  1. Next opportunity when you won't need it for several hours (about 5.5), power the phone down by pressing and holding the power button, then selecting "Power off" from the menu.
  2. Now, take your stock Motorola charger and cable, plug them into the phone and wall, and allow the phone to charge with power off for the 5.5 hours, or until it says "100%".
    (To check at any time. press one of the volume buttons briefly and then release. A large Green battery ICON will appear with floating "liquid". If it isn't full and doesn't say "100%", put it back down and leave it be until it eventually completes that cycle.)
  3. Once fully charged, go ahead and power it back up and use normally, and continue using it until it reaches 15% and the screen warning pops up to charge.
  4. Then repeat first 2 steps above, but no need to discharge to 15% again the second time around.
Now your phone's battery and the charger/meter are in sync and it should give you excellent battery life per charge.

You will want to repeat the above process about every 2-3 months (depending on how heavy you use it).

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
9 BB Storms, that's painful! That was the most ridiculous phone to type on. I remember a co-worker letting me try her iphone and like a total idiot I told her her phone wasn't working because her screen wasn't moving up and down. I graduated to a Droid Incredible (first one-have had it for almost 2 years) and I have to say I love that phone, I just hate its battery.

Lol, when I went to the DROIDX from the bbtour, or was it the bold... either way.. I was like.. where have you been my whole life! It was an awe inspiring moment. Been with DROID ever since :).

Yep 9 storms, then the switched me to the next bb, then I upgraded to the next.. then I wised up lol :)

OP
jsullivan

jsullivan

Reaction score
Thanks for the battery advice FoxKat, battery is my number one issue after having the Incredible for almost two years. The greatest phone is useless if it has a dead battery. Now that my Maxx actually RINGS for incoming calls (so far) I'll implement the battery advice. I am curious to know if it's OK to always let it go low before charging it. That's what I try to do but I get conflicting information as to whether or not that's actually necessary, or if can hurt the battery life.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Thanks for the battery advice FoxKat, battery is my number one issue after having the Incredible for almost two years. The greatest phone is useless if it has a dead battery. Now that my Maxx actually RINGS for incoming calls (so far) I'll implement the battery advice. I am curious to know if it's OK to always let it go low before charging it. That's what I try to do but I get conflicting information as to whether or not that's actually necessary, or if can hurt the battery life.

Jill, see this thread (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/smartphone-battery-discussion/212656-charging-my-razr.html) for the long explanation, but the short one is that it's fine to let it drain to 15% (and it's actually necessary for proper battery/meter synchronization or calibration), but you should try to limit use under 15% and under no avoidable circumstances allow it to get to 0% and self-power down. The less time the phone remains in the bottom 15%, the longer the battery will last (years). Also, the less time it remains at 90% - 100% (left on charge for many hours after full charge), the longer it will last. In fact, charging for shorter times during the day, to get you past the heavy use periods will extend the life of the battery as well.

For any advice regarding your battery, please feel free to drop by the Smartphone Battery Discussion forum and say HI! :biggrin:

OP
jsullivan

jsullivan

Reaction score
I'm exchanging this phone today. It won't sync email again for hotmail and yahoo AND it won't let me reenter my password OR delete the account. If they try to charge me a restocking fee I'll be an ATT customer as soon as they can port my number.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Are you going to return it or exchange it? You should do what's right for you :) but the maxx is a great device. I'm sorry you've had bad luck with that one :)

Good luck and keep us apprised. :)

OP
jsullivan

jsullivan

Reaction score
I exchanged it and the new one works well. Never drops 4g, rings when I get calls (except for one direct send to voice mail), and has a great battery. I haven't synced email over wifi, have kept it on 4g. I don't stream data anyway so my overall monthly data usage isn't bad, still have unlimited though anyway, we'll see if they change that down the road.