1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

3G/4G connection issues

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR Support' started by Willheis, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Willheis

Willheis New Member

Is anyone else having problems with 4G connectivity? I have been keeping my RAZR in CDMA mode, but when I switch to CDMA/LTE in a 4G area I lose all connection to 3G and 4G, and my service even drops way down. I've tried switching airplane mode on and off, and rebooting but nothing seems to fix it. Is this a problem with the network or could I just have a lemon phone?
  2. rck76

rck76 Super Moderator Premium Member

Network issue, same here.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
  3. Inkarnit

Inkarnit New Member

Your problems today are due to a nationwide outage. Not just you.
  4. Dualethought

Dualethought New Member

I too have been noticing network issues. I have actually had issues with 4G connectivity and service since I bought the phone. For some reason I have missed multiple text messages from different contacts that come through to my device. I never reply because I never got the messages. Have you noticed this at all?

5. llll1lll1

llll1lll1 New Member

I'm in Los Angeles at the moment and having the same problems.

1- When in CDMA/LTE setting (3G/4G on), sometimes there is no service for 3G or 4G. 3G will come on randomly.

2. When in CDMA ONLY setting (3G only), I get 3G more often, but still not 100%.

Kind of inconvenient when you're travelling. I'm glad it's not just me! (misery loves company)
  6. rck76

rck76 Super Moderator Premium Member

4g just popped back up for me:)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
  7. llll1lll1

llll1lll1 New Member

Still on 3G in Los Angeles.

Anything I should try to make it reset?
  8. Greeny

Greeny New Member

Getting a good solid 3G connection today in Poland, Ohio We don't have 4G here yet so I am quite satisfied that I am getting 3G solidly. dancedroid
  9. droid2drummer

droid2drummer New Member

Had a huge issue yesterday via Verizon's lte..should be fixed now. Or at least that issue...lol

Motorola Droid Razr™
    Peace!
  10. thejonesusmc

thejonesusmc New Member

I keep missing text messages from people also. It's not until I talk to them that I find out. It's happened with multiple people on Verizon and other carriers, so I know it isn't a problem on their end.
  11. fellers

fellers New Member

I have had problems connecting anywhere I am no matter what I have my phone on; CDMA or CDMA/LTE makes no difference. This phone has been nothing but a POS!!! I call verizon and they say replace the sim card, dont replace the sim card. Network issues; yet my friends all have steady connections all the time and they dont have the Razr! They have went as far as to tell me they are sending out an engineer to check what the frequency problems are in my area... WHAT A BUNCH OF BS! This phone is nothing more than a old flip open style phone to me. I have had it since mid november and it has been connected maybe 25% of that time!
    What the heck is the deal??? No matter what I do with it, it rarely gets data connection. When it does actually connect it is maybe for 10 to 20 minutes... I need this data for work and it is just not there. So glad I spent so much money on this pile...NOT REALLY!
  12. droid2drummer

droid2drummer New Member

Mine was awesome until the update. Now my battery is crap. If they do not fix this soon they will have to surrender a Gnex. Which is the second choice for me. I was waiting to buy one but I am sure they will fix the issues, I like you, need this thing to work for full time job as well as my business. I can even understand once in a while, but the past few days this is getting worse! Idk. Time to talk to a manager in support to either resolve this or switch out and just buy a Razr when they fix the issue. I love this phone. But without at least 95% capacity I'm unable.

Tapped via Motorola Droid Razr!
    Peace!
  13. kurthpk

kurthpk New Member

Bought mine 2 days ago. Its going back tomorrow. I live in a big city so that's not the problem. It's junk.
  14. droid2drummer

droid2drummer New Member

Mine has been awesome ... Like I said I was excited to see we had an update. However right after that...bam! Signal in and out. I called and of course they are telling me the story is they're working on the fix or patch and it should be pushed soon. We shall see. I can verify, mine anyway, was just about flawless until I updated. They have a few days and we shall see.....lol

Peace!
  15. kurthpk

kurthpk New Member

Hate this thing

I am headed out to replace this piece of junk with an iPhone.
  16. Willheis

Willheis New Member

I haven't had any problems with texts from certain contacts, just sketchy service. :/

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  17. Willheis

Willheis New Member

Mine was acting up before the update came. My signal just randomly cut out one day and then I got a sim cars error message that said I was not connected to 4g services. So i went to Verizon and they said that there was a nation wide outage. I don't know if its because there are still issues with the service in my area (Huntsville, AL) or if its the update, but my Razr just hasn't been as good as it was before. :/

18. Greeny

Greeny New Member

Today I stopped at the Verizon Store and asked when we could expect to have 4G in our area. I was told that we have had it for 2 weeks. I told the person telling me this information that the 4G network was non-existent on my phone since I got it on December 10th. He looked at my phone and walked into the back and then came back and said, "You have 4G on your phone". I asked what did he do to it to get it on the 4G network. He said he didn't do anything, but why did he take it into the back and then tell me I had it all along? I know he changed something on the phone. Hmmmmmm!!
  19. droid2drummer

droid2drummer New Member

I don't have 4g either here ..I've had solid data today ..at least while I've had it out and used it..but my battery is still 50% worse. Was perfect before the update. But what the guy did if anything was switch your phone to cdma/ lte which normally that's how they are shipped so unless you turned it off idk?

Peace!
  20. rochaeliseo

rochaeliseo New Member

For some reason I'm not getting 3G anymore, just had 4G and left the coverage zone, my house is outside the zone, and now I can't get back on 3G. Messed with airplane mode, toggling the data and soft and hard rested the phone and nothing works.

Search tags for this page
3g not working on droid razr
3g will not come on droidcrazr
4g connectivity issues motorola droid 4g
driod razr,support 4g
droid razr connectivity problems
droid razr m trouble with 4g
how to get 4g connection on motorola razr
how to get my 4g motorola droid out of 3g mode
motorola 4 g connectivity problem
motorola droid razr internet problems