Could these apps slow my phone down?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yes sir! I also recommend turning the phone off then back on (power cycle) once or twice a day and letting the battery go from completely dead to completely charged (no interruptions) once a week.

Well hell, that should help my droid perfomance knowing that.

Sent from my DROIDX

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yes sir! I also recommend turning the phone off then back on (power cycle) once or twice a day and letting the battery go from completely dead to completely charged (no interruptions) once a week.

Well hell, that should help my droid perfomance knowing that.

Sent from my DROIDX

Also a good idea, but yeah knowing how to properly interact with the closing of apps usually aleviates the need for a task killer and will do wonders for the phones performance.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Freezetron

Reaction score
Why do you say that? I don't like power cycling as my buttons don't light up after the reboot, plus it takes forever

Sent from my DROIDX

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If your backlight doesn't come on after reboot just cycle through the backlight options on the power control widget, that will bring them back to life. As for power cycling and reboots, think of the phone as a handheld pc, it needs to be restarted regularly to perform properly. The power cycle isn't quite as important but its good for getting accurate measurements from the battery.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Took the words right out of my mouth! And he means the power cycle on the battery in the last sentence.

If your backlight doesn't come on after reboot just cycle through the backlight options on the power control widget, that will bring them back to life. As for power cycling and reboots, think of the phone as a handheld pc, it needs to be restarted regularly to perform properly. The power cycle isn't quite as important but its good for getting accurate measurements from the battery.

Freezetron

Reaction score
Im talking about the lighting on the home, back,search and option buttons. I also don't use power widget, takes up to much ram

Sent from my DROIDX

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Move to SD?

Im talking about the lighting on the home, back,search and option buttons. I also don't use power widget, takes up to much ram

Sent from my DROIDX

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Sent from my DROIDX

Cycling through the backlight options will fix the backlight on those as well, it happens every time I flash a rom or even enter recovery which is a lot. You could always just enter settings and then display and then backlight and change the brightness manually. I just always suggest the power control widget since emost people have it on at least one screen.

Freezetron

Reaction score
Just noticed the droidforun app wont shut down even if I back all the way out, I gotta hit options and select exit. Lame.....

Sent from my DROIDX

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Just noticed the droidforun app wont shut down even if I back all the way out, I gotta hit options and select exit. Lame.....

Sent from my DROIDX

That's really weird. I always back out of df and it always goes to the initial loading screen when I open it again.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hmmm...shuts down on mine after about 5 minutes (not doing anything else).
Yes but the bulk of the app is moved to the card and some remains on internal storage.

Sent from my DROIDX

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Come to think of it, so does mine...?

Sent from my DROIDX

That's really weird. I always back out of df and it always goes to the initial loading screen when I open it again.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Off subject but, I like that the OP's Bio says "I'm chill"!! Hahaha! So is I!