phone slowing down and getting laggy

jasonD

Reaction score
Hey guys. I need some help. Things have been just fine for my rooted droidx on .602. But i would say in the last month or so my phone has gotten really laggy taking many seconds for screens to change or make phone at calls or txts. Its getting really annoying
I was wondering what the best method is to do to rid my phone of these problems. I dont need to stay rooted other than the fact i like to back up my apps. Im not afraid of changing versions of updates, but I do enjoy what im using now. Should i just do a reset of data or sbf and start all over again. I just want the spunk back in my phone. Any suggestions?

Savagerun

Reaction score
Have you tried wiping cache partition in either stock or clockwork recovery? If not i would give that a try first before going further.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

s_cuttic

Reaction score
You can try taking the OTA update. Protect root using vodoo root keeper from the play store. It worked for me when I went from .605 to .621. After taking the update, I just ran the app and restored root without any problems.

My phone has been kinda slow and freezing up a bit lately too. Facebook and a few other apps take a while to load/refresh. I just flashed CM9 on my phone again today so it's running great except for battery life sucks. That's why I went back to stock before.

You can try backing everything up with TB, doing a nandroid and wiping data and cache in recovery. I don't think a sbf will help much but I can't say for sure.

One good thing I noticed when I took the .621 update, I didn't have any force closes and everything ran smooth for a while. After apps had updates, things went down hill. My phone would freeze, apps would be slow to load and even the dialer would be slow to load.

It's probably Verizon's way of making us get new phones so they can rob us of our unlimited data.

OP
J

jasonD

Reaction score
Wiping the cache seemed to work. Just the fix i was looking for. Thanks!

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
You can try taking the OTA update. Protect root using vodoo root keeper from the play store. It worked for me when I went from .605 to .621. After taking the update, I just ran the app and restored root without any problems.

My phone has been kinda slow and freezing up a bit lately too. Facebook and a few other apps take a while to load/refresh. I just flashed CM9 on my phone again today so it's running great except for battery life sucks. That's why I went back to stock before.

You can try backing everything up with TB, doing a nandroid and wiping data and cache in recovery. I don't think a sbf will help much but I can't say for sure.

One good thing I noticed when I took the .621 update, I didn't have any force closes and everything ran smooth for a while. After apps had updates, things went down hill. My phone would freeze, apps would be slow to load and even the dialer would be slow to load.

It's probably Verizon's way of making us get new phones so they can rob us of our unlimited data.

FWIW the official facebook app has been having issues as of late. Which has been affecting some phones.

77Pat

Reaction score

I am stock and have been having a few of the same problems. The last update fixed the random resets, but now I have data drops even though I am in a strong 3G area (the signal indicator will turn white, switching to airplane mode and back does nothing...need to turn phone on and off, which takes a while lately).

Savagerun

Reaction score
I am stock and have been having a few of the same problems. The last update fixed the random resets, but now I have data drops even though I am in a strong 3G area (the signal indicator will turn white, switching to airplane mode and back does nothing...need to turn phone on and off, which takes a while lately).

First thing you can try is dialing *228 and choose option 2 if ya haven't done that yet and see if your reception gets better.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

77Pat

Reaction score
Thanks, I tried that a couple of days ago but no improvement.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Caden

Reaction score
Yeah i had to wipe out everything and start from scratch bc of lag - using miui which is a great rom imho.. I tend to junk up the phone with pointless apps so a thorough wipe every few months takes care of any weirdnesses..

Natey2

Reaction score
Wouldn't uninstalling those pointless apps suffice? Or do they leave remnants behind after uninstalling them (like Windows does in the Registry)?

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk

Caden

Reaction score
Wouldn't uninstalling those pointless apps suffice? Or do they leave remnants behind after uninstalling them (like Windows does in the Registry)?

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk
Sometimes. But when I bring it to its knees, nuking it works best.