Droid is Slowing down a lot Help!!!!!!!!!!!!

beargold23

Reaction score
My droid has slowed down a lot since i bought it, such as transition to different screen, send text message, browser super slow. Below is a list of apps i have: A online radio, advanced task killer, barcode scanner, astro, bible, iheartradio, jewels, live scores, lookout, meridian, nesoid, pandora, robo defensesnesoid, twidroid, weatherbug "set to every two hrs", talktome keyboard, radiant lite, beautiful widgets, retro clock....any help slowed down would be greatly appreciated

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
ATK sticks out the most. Remove that app and see if things speed up after a battery pull.

Silver Member
Reaction score
dump lookout too. both of those apps are heavy on the CPU and just aren't needed.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
LookOut needs to go. There's no need for an anti virus on Android. There aren't any confirmed viruses... and these apps are known to slow down the phones to a crawl.

mikedav1

Reaction score
LookOut needs to go. There's no need for an anti virus on Android. There aren't any confirmed viruses... and these apps are known to slow down the phones to a crawl.

Totally agree on Lookout. It wants to scan everything that happens before it happens.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Yes dump ATK and Lookout like everyone suggested.

You should see an increase in performance immediately. If you still have some issues delete Weatherbug.

Device should run great then.

Stacman

Reaction score
If turning off those few things doesn't work, take the phone back. One of the two I've had to return did the same thing. All of a sudden it slowed to a crawl, and the battery only lasted 4 hours in standby on a full charge. When I first went into the store they wanted to turn off literally everything that was running, including bluetooth and wireless, which I use. I kept it through the next day and returned it for a new phone. Even if turning everything off had helped, it wasn't acceptable to me. The replacement has been fine so far.

LexusBrian400

Reaction score
The eris is the slowest phone I've ever used. I think I'm gonna return it. My Dare was MUCH faster. There isnt even a comparison between the two. Very frustrated and disappointed.

slinky

Reaction score
ATK is fine - just click for it not to load up at startup. It's great and useful when you need it.