Could these apps slow my phone down?

Grimgard

Reaction score
I have been using tasks killers and have been advised not to. My phone will become slow and at times not respond. This seems to happen when I use youtube and facebook a lot. Here is a list of the. Applications I use. Here is a list of my apps. Live wallpaper: aquarium donation snow fall star light live thunder strom. Apps: beautiful widgets droid forums facebook farm frenzy reckless racer robo defense jewellust mini squad net flux queue tv.com.

That's it.
Can u guys see any problem apps? Thanks

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Well, its one thing to use a task killer to shut down unresponsive applications but, most who install them will use an auto kill setting which is no mo good! As far as the apps go, I have a few of those as well with no issues. Are you using the back button or home button to exit them?

I have been using tasks killers and have been advised not to. My phone will become slow and at times not respond. This seems to happen when I use youtube and facebook a lot. Here is a list of the. Applications I use. Here is a list of my apps. Live wallpaper: aquarium donation snow fall star light live thunder strom. Apps: beautiful widgets droid forums facebook farm frenzy reckless racer robo defense jewellust mini squad net flux queue tv.com.

That's it.
Can u guys see any problem apps? Thanks

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

OP
G

Grimgard

Reaction score
I use the back button. I do not kill all apps just facebook youtube and any program that becomes unresponsive. Thanks for the reply.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The back button vs. Home button is a very good point. None of those apps really raise any flags for me but you can prevent having to kill tasks by properly exiting out of them.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I use the back button. I do not kill all apps just facebook youtube and any program that becomes unresponsive. Thanks for the reply.

Nm guess that's not your issue lol

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yes the back key is the right way to exit an app when you're done with it

Freezetron

Reaction score
Sooooo, I have to hit that damn back button multiple time to shut down apps? Unnggg, its so much easier to hit the home button...

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Ok. How often do you turn the phone off?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well the os will eventually kill them if you don't but its a good idea if you're donee with an app to use the back key to exit out of it. My way of doing things is I only hit the home key from an app if I am not done with it and want to quickly check/do something else and then return to the app.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Very true! The thing with the home button is that the application will be left open and running in the background until its manually force stopped or the phone is power cycled - killing your battery and hindering performance! When the back button is used, the app will remain open but no longer running. After x amount of time of not being used or another application needs the resources, the OS will shut it down.

Sooooo, I have to hit that damn back button multiple time to shut down apps? Unnggg, its so much easier to hit the home button...

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Great minds?? Haha!

Well the os will eventually kill them if you don't but its a good idea if you're donee with an app to use the back key to exit out of it. My way of doing things is I only hit the home key from an app if I am not done with it and want to quickly check/do something else and then return to the app.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Great minds?? Haha!

We have to stop meeting like this lol

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Indeed! Haha!

Great minds?? Haha!

We have to stop meeting like this lol