Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Can you tell me Do I need a costco membership, or can I go with a friend that has a costco membership

Yes you need a Costco membership unless you have a friend or family member with a membership you can go their with them as a guest and purchase the phone.

cplum

Reaction score
I just went to the Verizon store. I Bought 2 multi media docks (one for home one for work), extra battery with dock, case (yes the phone fits in the dock with the case once you remove the base insert), hdmi cable, and screen protectors. Total price was $150.34. They will give you a bundle discount for buying multiple products. You do not have to buy a bundled package they offer. Also they gave me my corporate discount on top of the bundle package. The media base comes with a remote which looks cool. The only flaw I see so far is the base has a striaght pin for the power plug which comes out of the base way too easy if you move the base. There are 3 USB inputs on the back of the dock. I am going to try to plug power into one to see if that works of course I need the phone to know. You can connect the phone to a TV via hdmi and use wireless keyboard and mouse via the USB ports on the dock instead of paying $299 for the lapdock which to me is cool but way over priced. The extra battery dock has the stadard micro-usb on the back for charger. It also has a plug that extends for the side to plug into the phone so that you can charge the extra battery and the phone battery with the same power cord. All I need now is the phone which I will have at 9 AM tomorrow.

KenjiWB

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with the nearest Costco (about an hour away) and put my name on one for tomorrow :D. They will have 6 and I was the 6th person to call, and they also confirmed that the accessory pack is part of the deal.

dlo-htown

Reaction score
For the non-members of CostCo... how much does it cost to start a membership... as I will have to add that to the "cost" of getting this deal...

Or...

would a friend that happens to be a CostCo member be able to buy this phone package for me and I perform the phone activation myself, or does the Verizon account holder have to be the CostCo member?

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
For the non-members of CostCo... how much does it cost to start a membership... as I will have to add that to the "cost" of getting this deal...

Or...

would a friend that happens to be a CostCo member be able to buy this phone package for me and I perform the phone activation myself, or does the Verizon account holder have to be the CostCo member?

According to Preach, you can buy from Costco if you're a guest of someone who has a membership. As for the cost of an actual membership, I have no idea how much it is.

EDIT: See Speeding Wheels' post about a Costco membership price.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mo...696-little-bit-costco-news-2.html#post1722574

brunla

Reaction score
If you buy the Droid at Costco and decide to return it within 90 days, what happens to the 2 year contract? Let's say a great phone comes out next month and I decide to return the Bionic. Would there be an additional 2 years added to my contract (4 years total) if return and buy a new phone?

brunla

Reaction score
So basically when you return it, your two year contract is cancelled as well. Then you would just have a new two year contract with the new phone? Correct?

you can return the phone within 90 days and just pay the difference for the other device. it is not affected by your contract.

ModestMuse

Reaction score
If you buy the Droid at Costco and decide to return it within 90 days, what happens to the 2 year contract? Let's say a great phone comes out next month and I decide to return the Bionic. Would there be an additional 2 years added to my contract (4 years total) if return and buy a new phone?

If you return your phone within 90 days, you would have to switch to another smartphone. The contract would stay the same, you would just activate the new phone.

But I would like to add another question. What happens to your bundle if you decide to return the phone? I assume you would have to return all of those items too.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
my understanding of Costco's policy is that if you're beyond the standard 14 day VZW "opt-out" period the contract itself is not affected at all. You simply pay the difference and the contract remains the same.

you might want to clarify with the rep in the Costco kiosk to make sure.