Costcos Bionic Deal!!!!

brunla

Reaction score
Yes but the new phone is going to be at a certain price with a two year contract. So the big question is do you get the new phone at the price with the two year contract or have to pay full retail?

my understanding of Costco's policy is that if you're beyond the standard 14 day VZW "opt-out" period the contract itself is not affected at all. You simply pay the difference and the contract remains the same.

you might want to clarify with the rep in the Costco kiosk to make sure.

ModestMuse

Reaction score
Yes but the new phone is going to be at a certain price with a two year contract. So the big question is do you get the new phone at the price with the two year contract or have to pay full retail?

It's not that complicated...

You pay $280 for the phone.

A new phone comes out within 90 days that is $200

You want that phone instead.

You get refunded your $280, and now pay $200 for the new phone.

End of transaction.

OP
xXGH05TXx

xXGH05TXx

Reaction score
Like I sad in an earlier post I will post a final price and photo on my Google plus

Broodcomb DX v5

SANhacker

Reaction score
To add further confusion....

From
Costco.com

[h=1]RETURN POLICY[/h]Costco.com's return policy for any Wireless Advocates merchandise obtained through this website is 90 days from the original date of purchase. You must ship your merchandise back to Wireless Advocates for a full refund. Merchandise should not be returned to a Costco store. All returns must be accompanied by a return authorization form which can be obtained from our

Customer Service Team
Our distribution center is not able to process refunds for returns received without a return authorization.
Within 90 days you may receive a refund on the handset itself. However, you will still be responsible for any applicable early termination fees if service is canceled after the Trial Period. The Trial Period varies by carrier and State. See carrier Cancellation Policy for details.
Once the product is received back at our distribution center, a refund for the full purchase amount will be credited back to the card used for payment. <

mokey

Reaction score
Well ****. Just called my local Costco and they wouldn't let me reserve one. The guy did say they have 6. Guess I'll have to wait outside the door.

RichStevenson

Reaction score
Sounfd like 6 is the magic number at Costco. I have two near me, and the one store told me they have 6 as well.

JoDroid

Reaction score
Someone told me that the phones that Costco sells are different from the Verizon store phones..... any truth to that?

Do I still get my discounts at Costco that I would get at Verizon?

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Same phones.

Can't use NE2 if you have one left. Phone will be $280 with the bundle if you sign a new 2 year contract.

OP
xXGH05TXx

xXGH05TXx

Reaction score
Yes. We only sell phones on popularity and based on reviews. We only carry selected phones from tmobile, art, and verizon

Broodcomb DX v5

JoDroid

Reaction score
Same phones.

Can't use NE2 if you have one left. Phone will be $280 with the bundle if you sign a new 2 year contract.

Thanks Liderc!

I am up for an upgrade and to renew my contract. I get a 'work for the state' discounts with Verizon I am wondering if Costco honors that?

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Seems like most of the answers we've gotten from Costco is that they do not honor Verizon discounts. My guess would be no for your "work for the state" discount working there.

Apparently Costco is not like the normal "Verizon Kiosk", so it's a separate entity all together, which doesn't acknowledge their discounts.

Just remember when weighing your options, with the Costco bundle, you're also getting $150 in free accessories.

So at Verizon you would get just the phone for $299, minus your discounts, or Costco $279 for the Phone and $150 in free accessories.

Unless you have a discount of $100 or more, I can't see it being worth purchasing from Verizon, which is a bit sad to be honest.

spider210

Reaction score
Seems like most of the answers we've gotten from Costco is that they do not honor Verizon discounts. My guess would be no for your "work for the state" discount working there.

Apparently Costco is not like the normal "Verizon Kiosk", so it's a separate entity all together, which doesn't acknowledge their discounts.

Just remember when weighing your options, with the Costco bundle, you're also getting $150 in free accessories.

So at Verizon you would get just the phone for $299, minus your discounts, or Costco $279 for the Phone and $150 in free accessories.

Unless you have a discount of $100 or more, I can't see it being worth purchasing from Verizon, which is a bit sad to be honest.

For the techies its a good deal to shop elsewhere but, for the general public its nice to have everything done for them at the store aka Set-Up + Go , they probably don't do that at costco. I'm sure people will be sent to verizon to have screen protectors put on, gmail accounts setup, email setup, and demo's of the phones.

It's really a shame that verizon does that to its own employees that try to make a living off of selling these top-selling devices when places right around the corner sell devices much cheaper then send them to the local verizon store to have them finish setup process.

I don't blame any verizon employee for not wanting to help a 'verizon customer' setup a new device, that did not shop at their store. just my .02

If you plan on just getting a good deal on phone/accessories and setting up everything your self by all means go shop where it's the cheapest just don't expect great service if you bring your device over and say hey I just bought this at "so and so" and they didn't transfer my contacts.