Costco Selling Droid RAZR With FREE Bonus Pack!

alboboy10

Reaction score
i'll might just get that to hold me over untill the GNex is out... gotta love Costco and their return policy :D

Hold you over?

Some people need rehab. They're gonna stop using these policies cause people abuse them. Wait two weeks. You won't die

soulpatch

Reaction score
Hold you over?

Some people need rehab. They're gonna stop using these policies cause people abuse them. Wait two weeks. You won't die

I agree with this. No sense abusing it. I bought the Bionic myself as I thought it was the phone I would keep for the next year or so. Though I have had a ton of issues with it and been to the Verizon store numerous times to try to address my data connection not working till I saw the workaround using the airplane mode. There are other glitches as well that bother me and I am sure there will be things on the new phone, however, the data connection is my biggest issue. I need constant data for my email so even if that is the only thing the Razr fixes then so be it.

My other line upgrades in March so I can pick up the Nexus or whatever then and the wife will get the Razr

Vito.a

Reaction score
I had a very unpleasant experience with a very rude Costco phone salesman today. I drove over an hour away to our nearest Cosco store. Arrived at 11:00AM. I asked about Razr pricing and he said it was $289.99 plus tax for the bundle. I asked what was in the bundle and he browsed his computer for a few minutes and then printed out a page with a partial list of bundled items. I asked about the car charger, home charger, and case and he said they were included also. I started to write them down on the list and he freaked out. He then grabbed the brochure from my hand and crumpled it up and threw it in the trash. He said I wasn't allowed to write on it.

I explained I would like to see the list so I know what I am getting for my $300+ when the Verizon store was only $249 and Amazon was $229. He said it's not over $300 and that tax was only 6%. I said 6% tax on $290 should be just under $18. He said no it was only about $6. He still refused to let me see the list. I asked if I could see the actual bundles and he said they no longer carried them, they just give us a coupon and we mail it in to get the bundle. So, I asked what I got with it today and he rudely rattled off three items. I could not understand him at all and decided I would take my money elsewhere. He did not get my business and I did not get a Razr today.

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I had a very unpleasant experience with a very rude Costco phone salesman today. I drove over an hour away to our nearest Cosco store. Arrived at 11:00AM. I asked about Razr pricing and he said it was $289.99 plus tax for the bundle. I asked what was in the bundle and he browsed his computer for a few minutes and then printed out a page with a partial list of bundled items. I asked about the car charger, home charger, and case and he said they were included also. I started to write them down on the list and he freaked out. He then grabbed the brochure from my hand and crumpled it up and threw it in the trash. He said I wasn't allowed to write on it.

I explained I would like to see the list so I know what I am getting for my $300+ when the Verizon store was only $249 and Amazon was $229. He said it's not over $300 and that tax was only 6%. I said 6% tax on $290 should be just under $18. He said no it was only about $6. He still refused to let me see the list. I asked if I could see the actual bundles and he said they no longer carried them, they just give us a coupon and we mail it in to get the bundle. So, I asked what I got with it today and he rudely rattled off three items. I could not understand him at all and decided I would take my money elsewhere. He did not get my business and I did not get a Razr today.

Waldorf area sux anyway due to the people flushed down from DC. One of the reasons I hate to drive ( a hour also ) for this so called deal. I'll bite the bullet and do it on line or @ the V store. Its not worth the saving for the stress

debdroid1a

Reaction score
And yet Verizon with their 30 day return policy, and Costco are profitable. Just sayin...........

Um no its 14 days now because of people who return too often.

From an previous page on this discussion :

Correct. This is likely why Verizon changed the return time from 30 days to 14 days. People who use a return policy to just "borrow" a phone because they are so impatient that they can't wait a week or 2 are what causes a business to react and ruin it for those who have a legitimate reason to return a product.

I do agree if there is a real reason to exchange, then I'm fine with that.

Sent from my Droid 1 using DroidForums

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Costco's return policy is 90 days for phones. And to everyone who think that getting a phone from them and returning it is abusing them you are wrong, that is what people 100 bukz a year membership for!

If Costco change their return policy they wont be able to collect membership fees anymore.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Costco's return policy is 90 days for phones. And to everyone who think that getting a phone from them and returning it is abusing them you are wrong, that is what people 100 bukz a year membership for!

If Costco change their return policy they wont be able to collect membership fees anymore.

I was told it was 14 days to return and 90 days to exchange.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
From Costco themselves:
"Returns

Membership: We will refund your membership fee in full at any time if you are dissatisfied.
Merchandise: We guarantee your satisfaction on every product we sell with a full refund. The following must be returned within 90 days of purchase for a refund: televisions, projectors, computers, cameras, camcorders, touch screen tablets, MP3 players and cellular phones."

I am a Costco Concierge honor member and got the RAZR for free for 7 days evaluation. If i like it after 7 days i will pay for it and will have the option to return based on the above policy. That is why i reject all the abuse comments above.

Here is a link if anyone wants to verify what i say: Costco

Last edited:

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
From Costco themselves:
"Returns

Membership: We will refund your membership fee in full at any time if you are dissatisfied.
Merchandise: We guarantee your satisfaction on every product we sell with a full refund. The following must be returned within 90 days of purchase for a refund: televisions, projectors, computers, cameras, camcorders, touch screen tablets, MP3 players and cellular phones."

I am a Costco Concierge honor member and got the RAZR for free for 7 days evaluation. If i like it after 7 days i will pay for it and will have the option to return based on the above policy. That is why i reject all the abuse comments above.

Here is a link if anyone wants to verify what i say: Costco
I know what that link says but it's not correct. You get 90 days to exchange but only 14 to return. You can talk to a wireless advocate sales associate to confirm this yourself but 14 days return and 90 days exchange is their real policy.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
I know what that link says but it's not correct. You get 90 days to exchange but only 14 to return. You can talk to a wireless advocate sales associate to confirm this yourself but 14 days return and 90 days exchange is their real policy.

Costco dont usually do exchanges for anything. when u go to guest services asking to exchange they will take your product and either give you cash or a cash card and instruct you to go in and repurchase whatever you need.

I am curious though, let us know how the process goes when you return your bionic.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Costco dont usually do exchanges for anything. when u go to guest services asking to exchange they will take your product and either give you cash or a cash card and instruct you to go in and repurchase whatever you need.

I am curious though, let us know how the process goes when you return your bionic.

That's because Wireless advocate is the one actually selling the phone, not Costco. You would go into the store, go to the wireless advocate kiosk and tell them you want to exchange your phone. From there, they'll look up your account, make sure you're within 90 days, then ask which phone you want and then go from there.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
That's because Wireless advocate is the one actually selling the phone, not Costco. You would go into the store, go to the wireless advocate kiosk and tell them you want to exchange your phone. From there, they'll look up your account, make sure you're within 90 days, then ask which phone you want and then go from there.

Nope you are wrong on several facts. First Wireless advocate do the sales for Costco and they one of several contractors who do that, the one here in San Diego Area is Membership wireless. Second the receipt i have says Costco and not any other business name meaning Costco would handling the return. Lastly the 14 days several posters have mentioned here is to cancel the 2 year contract extension with Verizon and has nothing to do with Costco. Costco will take the phone back and refund your money during the 90 days.

Meaning if in a month i get a free phone somewhere and want my Money back from Costco they will give me my money back and thank me for being their client. I will though would have to keep my contract with Verizon.

I have been with Costco for to long to be wrong about this.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nope you are wrong on several facts. First Wireless advocate do the sales for Costco and they one of several contractors who do that, the one here in San Diego Area is Membership wireless. Second the receipt i have says Costco and not any other business name meaning Costco would handling the return. Lastly the 14 days several posters have mentioned here is to cancel the 2 year contract extension with Verizon and has nothing to do with Costco. Costco will take the phone back and refund your money during the 90 days.

Meaning if in a month i get a free phone somewhere and want my Money back from Costco they will give me my money back and thank me for being their client. I will though would have to keep my contract with Verizon.

I have been with Costco for to long to be wrong about this.
You know...I'm not even going to continue this petty argument with you. Good luck on returning your phone.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hold you over?

that is what I am saying, people need to realize that tech moves real fast, what was the greatest today, on two months time its old news, I say good for these companies doing what they are doing with their return policies, myself I still own the Incredible, one of the first to own it when it came out. And you know what, it still does everything I need it to do and more, and still looks brand spanking new, I myself will wait till the Tegra 3 phones come out next year, and LTE is more ironed out by then.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums