Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
1ecGUIi.jpg

According to this leak from our friends over at Android Central, it appears that Costco is preparing to sell the DROID Turbo 2?. This is really the first mention we’ve seen of the Turbo 2. We don’t know anything about the specs or anything like that about the device.This leak also revealed the arrival of the Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+ and the Galaxy Note 5 on Verizon’s shelves.

It will be interesting to see when Motorola will unveil the Turbo 2, considering that it’s almost a years since the DROID Turbo was released back in October 2014.

Would you be interested in a DROID Turbo 2? Sound off below.

Source: Android Central

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
The turbo released October 30th last year(for purchase)...it was the maxx that released the year before :)

Depending on what they bring to the table..I may be interested.. I've owned every droid by moto so far..

I hope it brings a decent jump in specs..not like the razr maxx to the razr maxx hd...little jumps like that are kinda a slap in the face...here..pay 600 for an HD screen that we should be had last year...and a minimal upgrade in the chipset..

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Cool. Really liked the Turbo, by brother has one and the battery life is awesome on it.

zatchmo

Reaction score
I really like my turbo, but the way the upgrade to Lollipop was handled, and the fact that it is a Verizon exclusive would dissuade me from buying a Turbo 2. If I could go back in time, I'd buy the X 2014 instead and deal with the smaller battery. After the Lollipop update, I can barely get a full day out of the damn thing anyway, so I may as well have the faster updates and no bloat.

My 4 cents worth.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I agree about the way lollipop was handled..that had lots of people miffed..and the way vzw handled the n6 as well...but I'm sure that had a tie in to the turbo update..

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
The turbo released October 30th last year(for purchase)...it was the maxx that released the year before :)

Oops. You're right. Thanks for the heads up. Fixed.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I am hoping that name is just a place holder and Moto / Verizon release the next Droid with a new name. Nothing wrong with Turbo, but a new name each year is cooler in my opinion.