"Bonus Accessory Pack" Whee

eshef

Reaction score
I got my RAZR from Costco, which advertised a "bonus pack" included in the price. So today my bonus pack finally came. Now I will admit I'm not the techiest bulb in this chandelier, but... There was a sheet of paper in the box telling me that included was a HD dock, a wall charger, HDMI cable and portable charger. Period. The wall charger I recognize (and one comes with the phone, for goodness sakes, I didn't need a bonus charger :p ), the HDMI cable came with a charades card (pictures, no words) - not a clue as to what it's saying :blink: One end goes in the phone, that's clear, but the other end goes in 3 different pictures that I don't recognize (one might be a tablet, but the other two?) The portable charger and the HD dock I recognize by process of elimination, but there are no user instructions at all. This means I'm going to have to go scrambling around the internet to figure out what I'm supposed to do with them and that makes me mad :angry: The charger, for instance. There's a space for the phone charger end, but there's also a bigger hole (USB ? I said I wan't tech savvy!) I'm assuming, without further looking, that means I have to charge the charger, but it would have been nice if they told me. The HD dock - what exactly does that do? If it goes with a HD TV, then it's useless to me (I will admit, I first thought it was going to be the lap dock and I was VERY excited til I read the small print again :frown:)

Long rant. But I'm disappointed that there was only one instructional card and that one unintelligible to me.

OP
E

eshef

Reaction score
Yes, it is. I went on the Motorola site and discovered that the colored strip on the charger comes loose. Apparently that is what plugs into the phone, but there's still no instructions. And the HD dock, the site explains what it does, but not how to do it :angry: I guess I'm going to have to go to the Verizon store next time I'm in the city.

dillont

Reaction score
The portable battery pack does plug in to the same port where the phone charger plugs in. Plug the portable battery pack into the phone and then push the button on the pack and it will start charging the phone. The portable battery pack can be charged using the same cord that you charge your phone with.
The standard HD dock has a port for the charger, a micro usb port to plug in the HDMI cord and a place to plug in headphones or connect to a stereo with a y adapter, etc. The other end of the HDMI cable can be plugged into an HDTV or a computer monitor with HDMI out. When plugged into an HD tv it provides you with a webtop app that is similar to the webdock, just on a larger screen, sans keyboard. If you don't have an HDTV, the HD dock basically just serves as something to put your phone in while it charges. You can use the alarm docking mode to turn your phone into a bedside alarm clock but thats about it.

OP
E

eshef

Reaction score
Thank you very much :hail: I love this forum and how helpful everyone is. So at the moment the dock isn't terribly useful to me, but the charger sounds great. For those times when you've left the house charged and had it unexpectedly drain (usually looking for a signal, Vermont mountains don't have many towers and if you forget to put it on airplane you can drain quickly!) Thanks again for the information.