Costco Deal Available Online????

lanza_david

Reaction score
The belt clip is quite stiff. It will rotate to the horizontal position with some effort. Although the case is nothing to write home about, it does serve its purpose for now. I have order a nicer one to use in the long run.

Nice to know it can rotate though. So you force it hard to rotate it?

I just used the car dock for the first time. My bionic is naked, no case or skin. It slides in nicely and the car app starts. BUT, it does not charge the phone. I am not sure if it is something with my car charger. It does charge it fine if I plug it in directly into the phone, but not through the car dock. Tonigth I'll try the charger included in the bundle, which it is the same one I have, but I'll try it. I'll then contact costco to report the issue if it does not charge it.

zetachi

Reaction score
The belt clip is quite stiff. It will rotate to the horizontal position with some effort. Although the case is nothing to write home about, it does serve its purpose, for now. I have ordered a nicer one to use in the long run.

Thanks. I was finally able to force it to twist. So update. Went to Verizon store to get new sim. Guy wanted to charge me $20 for a new one. Seems only a corporate store will give you one. Authorized reseller will try and screw you for one. So now I need to find a corporate store and another day without service.

jhom

Reaction score
Thanks. I was finally able to force it to twist. So update. Went to Verizon store to get new sim. Guy wanted to charge me $20 for a new one. Seems only a corporate store will give you one. Authorized reseller will try and screw you for one. So now I need to find a corporate store and another day without service.

Call Verizon CS and tell them to help you activate the phone. They will ask for your sim card ID and check for validity. If it doesn't work, you can ask them to send a new one or get one from a local Verizon store. It is free. When I got my Costco package, the SIM was invalid. Called Verizon CS and they called a local Verizon store for me to pick up a new one. No problems.

zetachi

Reaction score
Call Verizon CS and tell them to help you activate the phone. They will ask for your sim card ID and check for validity. If it doesn't work, you can ask them to send a new one or get one from a local Verizon store. It is free. When I got my Costco package, the SIM was invalid. Called Verizon CS and they called a local Verizon store for me to pick up a new one. No problems.

Exactly what they told me but...it can't be authorized reseller has to be corporate store. Unfortunately the one by my office is a re-seller. :(

SigSoldat

Reaction score

I was told to pick up a new sim card at the local Verizon because mine failed. I went to the store and they told me it would be a $10 charge. I paid because I wasn't in the mood to squabble over it and I figured the store deserved a couple bucks for the work they were putting into setting up my phone for me. She spent about 30 minutes setting it up, so that was worth it.

The car dock should be charging your Bionic. If it's not, something is defective and you should take it back.

The carrying case clip DOES rotate. It is VERY stiff, so put some muscle into it and you'll get it to rotate into the proper position. Yes, it is a pretty cheap case but I carry my Bionic in my pocket anyway.

mrredskin

Reaction score
Unacceptable. They are free, not $10

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

zetachi

Reaction score
OK another issue. Seems the Dock will not charge/connect to a PC over USB:( Bionic will only connect/charge when plugged in directly

lanza_david

Reaction score
OK another issue. Seems the Dock will not charge/connect to a PC over USB:( Bionic will only connect/charge when plugged in directly

Yeah, they sell the more expensive HD dock for that. This one is the "standard" dock, and it's not more than a bedside or desk dock with no connectivity.

lanza_david

Reaction score
Nice to know it can rotate though. So you force it hard to rotate it?

I just used the car dock for the first time. My bionic is naked, no case or skin. It slides in nicely and the car app starts. BUT, it does not charge the phone. I am not sure if it is something with my car charger. It does charge it fine if I plug it in directly into the phone, but not through the car dock. Tonigth I'll try the charger included in the bundle, which it is the same one I have, but I'll try it. I'll then contact costco to report the issue if it does not charge it.

Tried the new car charger and it worked, so my other charger has an issue.

And the case belt clip did rotate, and I didn't even try that hard.

SigSoldat

Reaction score

You need to clarify. Did you try connecting your docking station to your USB port on a computer? The docking station is designed to be plugged into the wall, not a USB port. I have plugged a micro-USB cable from the phone to a USB port and the phone charges with no issues. I've also had no issues charging the phone while it sits in the car cradle.

zetachi

Reaction score
You need to clarify. Did you try connecting your docking station to your USB port on a computer? The docking station is designed to be plugged into the wall, not a USB port. I have plugged a micro-USB cable from the phone to a USB port and the phone charges with no issues. I've also had no issues charging the phone while it sits in the car cradle.

Confirmed but was hoping that I could plug it into PC via USB. Will just have to swap plugs when I need to access internal memory with PC.

On another note. Seems there are not to many cases that will work with the docks :( Beginning to think that all the extras while nice may not have been worth the price difference from say Amazon or one of the other cheap sellers.

zetachi

Reaction score
anyone have the costco car dock and get the "right" two headed power/aux cable? If so does it work?

Thanks

SigSoldat

Reaction score
I've not heard of a "two-headed" cable for the dock. There is a 12V charging cable with the micro-USB plug. It can plug directly into the phone or it plugs into the car dock and the phone plugs into the dock. It works great both ways.

zetachi

Reaction score
I've not heard of a "two-headed" cable for the dock. There is a 12V charging cable with the micro-USB plug. It can plug directly into the phone or it plugs into the car dock and the phone plugs into the dock. It works great both ways.

There is a thread, not sure if it's here or another forum of those that got the dock direct from verizon vs those that got it direct from Motorola. The Motorola one has a micro usb/aux dual head cable. micro usb goes into cradle and other end goes to charger and also Aux connection in car.