Corporate Sync Not Pushing New Email

Gdwheel

Reaction score
There have been a lot of problems noted with corporate sync push on the Droid 2, Droid X and Droid Pro. The Motorola Owners forums are full of posts discussing these problems. Supposedly, Motorola is working to find a solution.

akosnitzky

Reaction score
I am assuming it's temporary but I was getting consistent corp email at about 2:00 min intervals

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

Gdwheel

Reaction score
That is the problem. It will work and then will stop. It is very inconsistent. It is not that the program entirely fails to work, but that it is as if it goes to sleep with inactivity.

akosnitzky

Reaction score
Will a manual refresh restart it?

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

PaulQ

Reaction score
For the record, i am having the same problem. I get push for the first 10 min or so after I add the corporate email account then it stops.

VERY VERY frustrating.

I have done a lot of reading on the web. There were many complaints that v2.1 was the problem and that v2.2 would fix it. I have 2.2 and the problem.

PaulQ

Reaction score
** I MAY HAVE FOUND A BAND-AID **

The app "Improved Email" can be used as a substitute email inbox and it does seem to push/pull Exchange email. It's free, with suggested donation. I have only used it for a few hours but it's working. If it continues, I am donating!

You can tweak all your settings so you just get one notification. The native email program will keep collecting email when and if it syncs but you can ignore it.

I like it better than Touchdown because it's simpler and you can keep using the native contacts and calendar. Oh, and it's free/cheap.

Gdwheel

Reaction score
I tried it too and it works. It just does not contain headers (HTML) format on forwarded emails. There is nothing to indicate who the original email was from. Touchdown probably works the best, but I do not like the way it looks.

PaulQ

Reaction score
Just make sure you delete your regular Corporate Sync account if you use "Improved Email" - I thought I could keep it but it just generates duplicate emails.

Last edited:

akosnitzky

Reaction score
I am using TouchDown now. The interface is an adjustment I see. My hope is that it will remain effective and continue to work

akosnitzky

Reaction score
If I set the device to poll instead of more instant, will that help?

Dcpmark

Reaction score
FYI: This does not appear to be limited to corporate sync. My friend just got the Pro, and he only has POP mail setup through the OEM email program (Yahoo and Aol). He has it set to fetch every 15 minutes. Initially it works, but then it stops working. He removes the battery, and all the email comes flooding back in. He is already using the Performance battery profile.

akosnitzky

Reaction score
I am even noticing items I sent are not showing on the server from a PC view. Wow!!!! #fail

dpguf

Reaction score
This is indeed very frustrating. I setup my hotmail as a corporate sync account and both it and my exchange emails only push when my phone is either plugged in or when I click on the individual mail applications, in which case it refreshes.

As a recent convert from Blackberry, I am considering turning the phone back in, as I am still in my 30 day window. I love all of the appas and the keyboard, but I want to be notified when I get emails without having to manually go to the email applications...isn't that the whole point of having it linked up??? If I wanted to only know if I had emails when I manually checked to see if I emails then a basic internet connection would suffice.