Corporate Sync Not Pushing New Email

OP
F

feerlessleadr

Reaction score
Well I definitely spoke to soon. I did discover that push works perfectly when I am plugged into my computer via USB.

This is independent if the battery setting.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

OP
F

feerlessleadr

Reaction score
Well I thought it was obvious that I was charging my phone, but I guess not.

Obviously I don't want to leave my phone plugged into my computer to get push to woe, however I thought that it might help lead to an answer.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

jr443

Reaction score
I uninstalled lookout security n its working now

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
F

feerlessleadr

Reaction score
i too had lookout installed, however even after an uninstall and restart, it is still not working consistently.

jr443

Reaction score
Also disabled a screen mode app that kept me from having to use slide lock every time droid went to sleep n now mail working good.

Glen

Reaction score
Three days ago Push/Fetch stopped working. No matter how I set it up or what my battery manager settings are, it still doesn't work. The exception is, Gmail pushes just fine. Hmmmm... I smell a conspiracy. I have to manually refresh to get hotmail and yahoo to "fetch" is this problem still going on with anyone else? Is this truly a scheme to force everyone to Gmail? Your thoughts?

bb_or_droid

Reaction score
Are you provisioned correctly on the Verizon side of things? Does corp/sync require the $45/month data plan? Are there any other provisions that Verizon needs to add (these are non-rev provisions that still need to be activated)? I learned the hard way that Verizon does not yet have a workable knowledge of the DP. When things are provisioned incorrectly they actually work for a bit then stop, so that would be consistent with your experience.

Droids

Reaction score
I've been using exchange sync on the $30 plan, on my Droid 1 for a year now. I have never once had so much as a hickup. Works perfectly all day and night. Stock or custom roms, doesn't matter. Either your exchange settings are wrong, or the battery profile is causing problems, or another app is interfering. Or, you have a bad phone ... maybe it's time to try a factory reset.

bb_or_droid

Reaction score
I've been using exchange sync on the $30 plan, on my Droid 1 for a year now. I have never once had so much as a hickup. Works perfectly all day and night. Stock or custom roms, doesn't matter. Either your exchange settings are wrong, or the battery profile is causing problems, or another app is interfering. Or, you have a bad phone ... maybe it's time to try a factory reset.

I don't know that I understand your post. I was not aware that the D1 (or any other Droid) offered the same level of Exchange support that the DP offers. Am I mistaken? If not, isn't it possible that Verizon has limited certain native Exchange functions to the more expensive data plan? Seems like that is worth pursuing before resetting.

bdub33

Reaction score
I have the 30$ plan as well and my corporate email is working okay. D1. lately it has been delaying emails on occasion though

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Droids

Reaction score

I don't know that I understand your post. I was not aware that the D1 (or any other Droid) offered the same level of Exchange support that the DP offers. Am I mistaken? If not, isn't it possible that Verizon has limited certain native Exchange functions to the more expensive data plan? Seems like that is worth pursuing before resetting.
Verizon is just providing a data connection between your phone and your company's Exchange server, and only when you're using 3g. When you're on wifi Verizon isn't even in the picture. Verizon has nothing to do with this. MotoBlur on the DP may have some additional Exchange functionality, I don't know, I kinda doubt there is much more there. Froyo added all the latest Exchange options like remote wipe, etc. The $45 plan is required when a company has a corporate account with Verizon and furnishes employees with phones. If you personally purchased your Android handset, the $30 plan is all you need to use Exchange.

Ok, before I mashed the send button, I tried to find some differences between exchange on the Pro vs. other droids. It appears the email app does have some additional features but I don't see how the basic stuff like pushing email is any different.

Droids

Reaction score
Exchange features comparison:
https://motorola-enterprise.custhelp.com/app/info/exchange

Doesn't mention the D1 but it would be the same as the D2. Basically allows the IT staff more control over your phone. I'm still trying to find a side by side screenshot type of comparison between the email app on the Pro vs. other Droids.

BTW, I'm not not trying to argue anything, just want to know what could be different enough to be causing exchange issues. It could be a server side issue that you are experiencing, maybe some folks are having problems due to the version of Exchange Server (2003/2007/2010) the company is running.

bb_or_droid

Reaction score
I don't know the answer either, and definitely not trying to start anything. I am totally new to Android. I don't put it past Verizon to generate incremental revenue wherever possible, even if it means charging for something that can be replicated elsewhere for free. And my experience with customer service is that many of them are learning along with us. I, too, am just thinking out loud here. It is a team effort and I greatly appreciate the assistance everyone on this board has provided me.

Happy Turkey Day to all (at least all in the states).