Corporate Email Synch issues.

SallyC

Reaction score
Anyway, Sorry for the rant but Sally's trouble shooting tips puts all this info in one place. Makes it very convenient. Matter of fact, I wish Droid forums had an option where you could save certain threads as "reference" not just subscribe (because I have a million I subscribe to) but the ones you can save as reference would be those the user wants to refer back to quickly. There are a bunch of threads, such as this one, that I would love to have placed in a quick reference tab. Just m2c (that is just my 2 cents).

I agree it's a useful compilation of things to try but, just for the record, as my post stated, those are from Motorola's troubleshooting page. Most the stuff I know I learned from Motorola's support pages, or the good folks on this forum. :happy3:

"Originality is undetected plagiarism" William Ralph Inge

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Maybe something below will help - from Motorola's troubleshooting page:

There are a few things you can try if you are not receiving email, but your email account is set-up correctly:For every account that is having this issue1. Check Incoming server settings
  • Open applications tray, select My Accounts
  • Current account will be listed; tap on account having issue.
  • Tap on Incoming server
  • If Use secure connection is checked, uncheck it. however, if Use secure connection is unchecked when issue occurs, check it on.
  • Save settings with OK button and and close application.
  • re-open Email application from applications tray, Press Menu hard key and then tap on Refresh.
  • Email should start appearing if corrected.
  • If email account set-up does not appear to be occuring, verify your email POP3/IMAP port, server and security requirements for incoming mail. You can check our FAQ here for a settings chart for several common email providers for additional help on setting up your email account through manual set-up.
2. Retry with Wi-Fi OFF, if already off, retry with Wi-Fi ON. Some email providers and carriers have restrictions on connection through WiFi. 3. Authentication error on incoming or outgoing accounts: Check your account password settings within Incoming server settings for problems with incoming mail, within Outgoing server settings if you can't send email. Also retry receiving on Wi-Fi vs only 3G to see if there are any restrictions on the WiFi service you are using.4. You could also be using several devices with the same email account and those email settings might be causing new email to be on one device at a time.
  • Check you email settings to make sure you are leaving a copy of the email message on the server. This will ensure that emails go to all your devices accessing the account. ***Emails will not be deleted (including wastebasket) until they are removed from the server (generally thru computer access).
  • If you have setup Outlook or Outlook Express to receive your personal email, follow instuction below:
  1. Open Outlook
  2. Go to Tools > E-mail Accounts
  3. Select View or change existing e-mail accounts, select Next
  4. Select Change
  5. Select More Settings
  6. Select Advanced
  7. Check "Leave a copy of messages on the server"
  8. Select OK
  9. Select Next from the E-mail Accounts screen
  10. Select Finish
To correct this issue in Outlook Express:
  1. Open Outlook Express
  2. Go to Tools > Accounts
  3. Double Click on the email account
  4. Select Advanced
  5. Check "Leave a copy of messages on the server"
  6. Select OK
  7. Select Close
This will allow you to access the same email on both your PC and your cellphone. Previous email went to either one or the other device, depending on pull schedule.
5. Application Error: this could be due to service issues, delays with Motorola Application Software aggregation. Retry with Wi-Fi OFF, if already off, retry with Wi-Fi ON. Some email providers and carriers have restrictions on connection through WiFi. 7. "PUSH" not working for corporate email. If your corporate account has already been set-up and working, but you stopped receiving email and/or email alerts, it is possible that you will need to power cycle your handset to get things working properly again. You should also make sure that your settings are correct for email notification.

SallyC, can you please start a new thread with this post so I can Stickie?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 with Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Thank you sir :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! XPARENT BLUE!!!

SallyC

Reaction score
SallyC, can you please start a new thread with this post so I can Stickie?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 with Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.

Done. I put it here in the Razr Support thread. Feel free to move it, Super Mod. :)

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I agree it's a useful compilation of things to try but, just for the record, as my post stated, those are from Motorola's troubleshooting page. Most the stuff I know I learned from Motorola's support pages, or the good folks on this forum. :happy3:

"Originality is undetected plagiarism" William Ralph Inge

Doesn't matter...God created water, but if I were parched and about to die, and you brought me a canteen, I would FIRST say THANK YOU! Then I would say Thank you God for sending SallyC to the rescue! :biggrin:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Doesn't matter...God created water, but if I were parched and about to die, and you brought me a canteen, I would FIRST say THANK YOU! Then I would say Thank you God for sending SallyC to the rescue! :biggrin:

That's an interesting way to put that.... I'll have to remember this :cool:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
That's an interesting way to put that.... I'll have to remember this :cool:

Knowledge is power or energy. Energy can be in two states, Potential and Kinetic, but without the conduit to complete the circuit (think copper wires, a light bulb and a battery) it's only Potential energy. Potential energy that's out of reach performs no work (like a battery on a storage shelf), so it benefits me (or anyone else) none. SallyC in this example is the conduit to complete the circuit (copper wire), so SallyC is the catalyst that releases that Potential energy and converts it to Kinetic energy, so it can actually perform work (light the lightbulb) and we all benefit.

I know...it's a stretch, but not really! So SallyC, when's the last time someone called you a copper wire as a complement?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
So then without the conduit to complete the circuit, it remains stored energy... I see. Thankfully she's alot better to talk to than copper wire :D

I say this out of complete respect for you sallyc :cool:

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Also, since knowledge is power, then FoxKat and SallyC must be like channeled super novae.... :eek: I'm out of my league... but I bet it cuts down on the forums power bill!!!! Roflol

SallyC

Reaction score
Also, since knowledge is power, then FoxKat and SallyC must be like channeled super novae.... :eek: I'm out of my league... but I bet it cuts down on the forums power bill!!!! Roflol

I don't know about cutting down on the forum's power bill, but if I'm taking potential or stored energy (it might mean "battery" to FoxKat, but I think of "fat") and turning it into kinetic energy, that means I am burning fat!!! And that means that posting on DroidForums will cause you to lose weight!*

This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA. Posting on this forum is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I don't know about cutting down on the forum's power bill, but if I'm taking potential or stored energy (it might mean "battery" to FoxKat, but I think of "fat") and turning it into kinetic energy, that means I am burning fat!!! And that means that posting on DroidForums will cause you to lose weight!*

This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA. Posting on this forum is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Roflol..... ;)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! XPARENT BLUE!!!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
SallyC, you are hysterical!

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums