contact problem

deterlee

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S III
On my Samsung Galaxy S III, I add or edit my contact list, a message reads "Unfortunately contacts has stopped" What is that?

Last edited:

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Error message of course... What phone? Stock, rooted, rom'd? Android version,? Try clearing data for the contacts app.

Sent from my XT1060

OP
D

deterlee

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S III
Error message of course... What phone? Stock, rooted, rom'd? Android version,? Try clearing data for the contacts app.

Sent from my XT1060
This is on my Samsung Galaxy III. I don't have an app do I?

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Yes, contacts is a system app pre-installed. Go to settings - app-all and find contacts.

Sent from my XT1060

MoMoDroid

Reaction score
Yes, contacts is a system app pre-installed. Go to settings - app-all and find contacts.

Sent from my XT1060
I am having the same problem with my Droid Maxx. If I clear all the data do I have to add the account back in?

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Do you have your contacts in sync with a Google account? If so then it would just be a simple forced sync through the Accounts Manager if it wipes the contacts.

Otherwise you could export your contacts, wipe the Contacts app data, then import them again.

tulupsar

Reaction score
Try with 3rd party app like "Add Contact" than let me know status. ....hope you get good result.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Do you have your contacts in sync with a Google account? If so then it would just be a simple forced sync through the Accounts Manager if it wipes the contacts.

Otherwise you could export your contacts, wipe the Contacts app data, then import them again.

Try with 3rd party app like "Add Contact" than let me know status. ....hope you get good result.

Both great advice.