facebook and editing contacts

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by BPB, Apr 18, 2010.

1. BPB

BPB Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i've got an easy question with an easy answer i'm sure but i haven't yet figured it out. i've got my droid to synchronize my contacts with facebook information. on a particular facebook contact i want to add a phone number ( in my phone's contact list, that is). when i click on "edit contact" it says "this contact cannot be edited on this device". i went to my gmail account's contacts but this contact wasn't there at all.
    So what's the best way to add info to a contact imported from Facebook to your Droid's contact list? Seems like it should be straightforward but apparently not?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

2. smrivera80

smrivera80 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Any contact that was synced into your contact list ONLY via Facebook cannot be edited; this is because the information that's listed there can only be edited by that user via his/her FB account. There should be an option when you "edit" through the menu key to add a phone number to that name, which will be on your phone only, and will not be grouped with the FB information. Either that, or you can add that person as a contact via Gmail and have that sync together with the existing FB contact.

Search tags for this page
edit facebook contacts on android
how can i edit facebook contacts on android
how do i edit a contact imported from facebook
how to add phone number to facebook contacts on android
how to edit contacts and facebook on android
how to edit contacts in faceboik
how to edit contacts in galaxy s4 after importing from faceb
how to edit contacts on facebook

how to edit facebook contacts on android

how to edit facebook contacts on droid