Comcast punishing cord cutters

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
comcast is increasing internet speed in some cities only for those who also subscribe to their video service for free. fortunately the speed cord cutters already have is fast enough to prevent buffering. I sure hope this is not the future for the cable industry.

...Comcast last week announced that numerous significant internet speed increases would be rolling out to select Houston, Oregon and Washington-based customers for free.
...For example, customers who subscribe to Comcast's 60Mbps internet plan are being upgraded to a 150Mbps connection, while some 250Mbps subscribers are being bumped up to a 400Mbps connection.

Comcast aims to combat cord cutting by limiting major internet speed increases to cable subscribers

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
What an ass of a company. Guess this is what happens when net neutrality goes out the window.

Last edited:

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
Eventually a wireless technology will surface that will be competitive with wired systems (perhaps the new satellite version being tested now). When that happens Comcast and their ilk will complain bitterly that it is unfair when they are cutting their throats slowly now. Heck I have/had Spectrum and just actually read what I was paying for and found $1 for a secure connection! Really. $.05 & $.10 me to death and I will eventually decide you are not worth it anymore. (PS I did).

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
I learned a long time ago. My cable bill went up what seemed like every other month, with less channels. I cut the cord in the 80's and never looked back. I could rent 30 movies a month for less than cable.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
What an ass of a company. Guess this is what happens when net neutrality goes out the window.

If you cut the cord and stream tv online, tripling your data usage, why wouldn't you pay $30 more for internet to equalize with my bundled package?

No, this is not about net neutrality but about competition. The discounted "bundle" has been around a lot longer than anyone has been worrying about net neutrality.

OP
me just sayin

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
If you cut the cord and stream tv online, tripling your data usage, why wouldn't you pay $30 more for internet to equalize with my bundled package?

No, this is not about net neutrality but about competition. The discounted "bundle" has been around a lot longer than anyone has been worrying about net neutrality.

what competition???? a company should not give free upgrades for some but not all. you forget, most cord cutters tend to up their internet packages to prevent buffering and allow more streams at the same time. what comtrash is doing is giving the free upgrade to those who really don't need it.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score

It's not about discounted bundle. They are discriminating against those who only want their internet. Raising everyone's speed for except those who only subscribe to internet.