Comcast Now Has More Internet Subscribers than TV Subscribers

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If not for apartments , home owners associations and other reasons folks can't put up a satellite dish the ratio would probably be even higher in favour of internet.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I considered going back to basic cable until a friend of mine started complaining about random increases on his bill. That was my lesson.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
It depends on competition....I have a choice of U-verse or Comcast, plus DirectTV is always out there. I've been paying between $80-$90 a month for cable and high speed internet (with 6 months free HBO).

When I look at the differences between bundled pricing and standalone internet, I'm paying like $30 a month for cable. Seems incredibly reasonable to me if you value the convenience of DVR and On-Demand, with all your channels accessible on one service from one remote.

I've said over and over and over again that the more people cut the chord, the more internet prices will go up. You ditch cable and watch tv over the internet, the Comcast is eventually just going to add the difference to your internet to maintain their revenues.

And just wait until Netflix and everyone else wants to deliver 4K video over the internet. Those pricing and capacity battles/issues are going to make the whole "fast lane" thing look like child's pay.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It's their job to keep cable competitive, and it's just not anymore. I can get three streaming services, watch what I want without commercials, still less than cable in my area. When they increase broadband pricing, fiber will most likely be available. For years, Comcast has set the market, but as more competition arises, they're constantly in check.

Reactions: cr6

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I'm paying $70./mo for satellite tv which includes all the HBO channels. In my case there is not much of a choice if I want to get US broadcasting. I pay an additional $35 for fibre optic internet. A bit pricey for both but not many or any real alternatives for me.