com.motorola.service.vzw.entitlement

obogobo

Reaction score
Anyone know the details of this service? It seems to always be running. I've heard rumors that it might be tracking data usage and making sure Verizon get's their "entitlement" for the additional tethering plans... Hope not as I've done the "entitlement_check" SQLite hack. What would happen if I uninstalled this? It's been frozen for a while but to not avail it keeps running in the background.

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Anyone know the details of this service? It seems to always be running. I've heard rumors that it might be tracking data usage and making sure Verizon get's their "entitlement" for the additional tethering plans... Hope not as I've done the "entitlement_check" SQLite hack. What would happen if I uninstalled this? It's been frozen for a while but to not avail it keeps running in the background.

The entitlement check that u see in sqlite is just there to check ur features on the verizon sever to see if u have the mobile hot spot feature it does not track if u turn off the entitlement check via sqlite by putting 0 in place of the 1 i just removes the server check an thats all it does

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

OP
obogobo

obogobo

Reaction score
Right I know that so what about this service? Check out this thread I found on the Bionic:
Droid Bionic wireless tether reverse engineering [Archive] - xda-developers

While tethering your phone will disconnect and reconnect to the network using alternate credentials containing your ISMI. These credentials appear to originate from the SIM card ... I would assume that using this they can actually verify who is paying for tethering and who isn't by comparing these connections to who is actually paying for the service.

Sounds a little sketchy

rwreuter

Reaction score
is there a way to get mobile hot spot WITHOUT paying for it?

rwreuter

Reaction score
i am rooted, i looked at that web site but it only says you can do 3g.....do you know if it does 4g but just doesn't advertise it?

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
i am rooted, i looked at that web site but it only says you can do 3g.....do you know if it does 4g but just doesn't advertise it?

Forget the apps they rarely work get sqlite editor from the market an the open it an scroll down to settings an storage u want the one with the hammer an wrench not the one with the gear icon then go to settings.db-- settings--- scroll down till u find entitlement check it should be around value 150 an the change the value in the 3rd column from 1 to 0 then reboot an the select the moblie hotspot an when u set it up make sure u change the dhcp from 192.168.42.2 to 192.168.99.2 or it wont work

OP
obogobo

obogobo

Reaction score
Well in regards to the service, I uninstalled it. Everything seems to be working just fine

jago25_98

Reaction score
I tried using Titanium to force remove the Motorola services but after the reboot I now appear to have it running twice. What was your method of removing it?

Kabilos

Reaction score
Forget the apps they rarely work get sqlite editor from the market an the open it an scroll down to settings an storage u want the one with the hammer an wrench not the one with the gear icon then go to settings.db-- settings--- scroll down till u find entitlement check it should be around value 150 an the change the value in the 3rd column from 1 to 0 then reboot an the select the moblie hotspot an when u set it up make sure u change the dhcp from 192.168.42.2 to 192.168.99.2 or it wont work

This worked pefectly. Thank you for posting this.